cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network on Router that has only single connection

N/A

I have just joined Plusnet and the discription of the Router starter pack said this was the system for those with a network to connect all machines to the internet. What it did not say was if your network was peer to peer thn it is not what you want at all. What was needed was a router with more than one network connection. So what do I do now - do I have to go to even more expense and buy a hub. :twisted: I have been advised that what I needed was a router with several network connections.

Plusnet need to get their descriptions of what is need for whom sorted out Evil
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I'm afraid that you do need to get a hub to be able to link the Plusnet supplied router to the network.
As you rightly say this is not made very clear in the description of the device. Cry
N/A

Not too bad, hubs are reasonably cheap.

http://www.easyetrader.com/?WTJGMFBUZ3hKbTl1UFhSeWRXVT0%3D

The Compaq HB1111 on there is only £8 Smiley
plusnetsux
Grafter

£12.85 once you add the obligitory delivery cost
N/A

That's true, but it does come with 3x2m ethernet cables [nice ones as well]

I ordered that exact hub, and it works a treat.
N/A

I use an external router/hub anyhow. I don't know what the descriptions of the various packages are like these days, though I think they are a bit 'wordy'? The addition of some pictures may assist understanding?

N.B. That isn't a dig at anyone, I've been designing and building networks since the 1980's, so I allegedly have some idea of what I'm talking about, and I have to admit that sometimes I find the wording around product descriptions vaugue. I'm sure it's not intentional. I just always find that a picture helps explain things better for me.
N/A

Ther's a full test report (with pictures) on adslguide, that's where i went before buying the Sar 110.

How can anyone complain about a hub for 12 quid including p&p and a couple of leads thrown in. Got to be the bargain of the month.
N/A

Yup Smiley It works beautifully for hooking up my 2 spare *nix boxes to the router.

plus, the LEDs are hypnotising Smiley