cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netmeeting Video Router

N/A

Netmeeting Video Router

Netmeeting Video Router
I too have had trouble port forwarding from my internal class c address 192.168.8.x. For a while now I have been wandering the fabric of bits and bytes pondering why have I been singled out to face this mighty challenge set before me. Comfort comes in numbers and boy, have I found some comfort here in this forum. I hope it is not too much too ask in this new broadband age (obviously I'm only talking about the UK), why routers supplied by Plusnet are having so much difficulty with the H323 protocol. It's quite simple, you open up a few port forwarders on your router ie to name but all of them: TCP389, TCP522, TCP1720, TCP1731 & TCP/UDP1024~65535 (my router only goes up to 65534 - obviously that last port was just too much). Don't forget, just for good measure, throw your netmeting pc's IP address in the DMZ configuratuion of your router. You would think that would be enough wouldn't you? "Ha ha" I hear plusnet cry, "we cannot be outdone that easily". ALL I WANT TO DO IS GET VIDEO VIA NETMEETING!!! PLEASE HELP ME - ANYONE
--
(OO)
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Netmeeting Video Router

Hi Lee

Did you get this fixed?

Kind regards
Lyndon
N/A

Hi Lee

Did you get this fixed?

Kind regards
Lyndon
N/A

> Hi Lee
>
> Did you get this fixed?
>
> Kind regards
> Lyndon

Thankyou for your advice but no I didn't. I replied to your e-mail asking whether my router was up to the challenge or not (Alcatel AR11) and also if you could confirm other users of Plusnet with routers could receive video via netmeeting.
In advance, many thanx.
Lee Greenlee

--
(OO)