cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netmeeting AR11 router

N/A

Netmeeting AR11 router

Has anyone got video working using netmeeting with an AR11 router firmware 2.6k supplied by Plusnet?
I'm forgetting what my dad looks like....
--
(OO)
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Netmeeting AR11 router

Hi Lee

I dont think its netmeeting, rather aceex. Anywayyou can use the DMZ option.

Cheers
Lyndon

N/A

Doh! You write netmeeting I read netgear Wink

BoneMan
Grafter

> Has anyone got video working using netmeeting with an AR11 router firmware 2.6k supplied by Plusnet?<

Lee,
Usually you can only get this to work *if* you only have one PC *and* you can set your router into non-NAT mode. DMZ doesn't work because of the way that M$ have chosen to implement the software. I am not familiar with the AR11 so I don't know if you can set it non-NAT. Suggest you search the fora at www.adslguide.org.uk for more info.

Alternatively (spelt £££) you could change to a router that supports UPnP and your OS WinXP (if you're not using the latter already).

Good Luck!

BoneMan

N/A

> > Has anyone got video working using netmeeting with an AR11 router firmware 2.6k supplied by Plusnet?<
>
> Lee,
> Usually you can only get this to work *if* you only have one PC *and* you can set your router into non-NAT mode. DMZ doesn't work because of the way that M$ have chosen to implement the software. I am not familiar with the AR11 so I don't know if you can set it non-NAT. Suggest you search the fora at www.adslguide.org.uk for more info.
>
> Alternatively (spelt £££) you could change to a router that supports UPnP and your OS WinXP (if you're not using the latter already).
>
> Good Luck!
>
> BoneMan
>
>
>

Thanx for all your replies. I have loads to try now.
So far, this is what I have tried individually and all together:
Port Forwarding
DMZ option
Enabling NAT
Once again - Thanx

--
(OO)
N/A

if you suss it out i would like a copy of your settings and ip adresses u used and ports you opened so i can implement it on mine as i have the same router
N/A

> if you suss it out i would like a copy of your settings and ip adresses u used and ports you opened so i can implement it on mine as i have the same router

For now, here are the ports netmeeting uses:
1024~65535 (H323 Video)
If you enable both TCP & UDP you'll be ok. Problem is Ar11 uses NAT which when Netmmeting sends out your video on a port of its' choice (1024~65535) video comes back on a different port (That's H323 for you)

--
(OO)
N/A

Did you get ths working with these ports? I dont understand. DMZ really means forward all.

> > if you suss it out i would like a copy of your settings and ip adresses u used and ports you opened so i can implement it on mine as i have the same router
>
> For now, here are the ports netmeeting uses:
> 389
> 522
> 1503
> 1720
> 1731
> 1024~65535 (H323 Video)
> If you enable both TCP & UDP you'll be ok. Problem is Ar11 uses NAT which when Netmmeting sends out your video on a port of its' choice (1024~65535) video comes back on a different port (That's H323 for you)
>
>
> --
> (OO)

N/A

> Did you get ths working with these ports? I dont understand. DMZ really means forward all.
>
The ports I posted above are the ports netmeeting uses. Setting up Port forwarding is fine, my dad can see me, I just can't see him. It is because of the H323 protocol I think. My router knows what port I am forwarding video on and H323 tells the recipient pc what port to receive my video I am sending. Then H323 chooses another port to send the recipients video back to me on, the AR11 router won't let the video back in because of all intents and purposes, I did not send video out on that port.
I hope that made sense....
--
(OO)
N/A

It didnt really make sense to me. If you use DMZ then effect is all ports are forwarded is it not? So the router wont stop anything (udp/tcp) coming in?

> > Did you get ths working with these ports? I dont understand. DMZ really means forward all.
> >
> The ports I posted above are the ports netmeeting uses. Setting up Port forwarding is fine, my dad can see me, I just can't see him. It is because of the H323 protocol I think. My router knows what port I am forwarding video on and H323 tells the recipient pc what port to receive my video I am sending. Then H323 chooses another port to send the recipients video back to me on, the AR11 router won't let the video back in because of all intents and purposes, I did not send video out on that port.
> I hope that made sense....
>
> --
> (OO)

N/A

This is taken from Boneman above:
Lee,

DMZ doesn't work because of the way that M$ have chosen to implement the software.

ie Microsoft

--
(OO)