cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear voice adapter

N/A

Netgear voice adapter

Has anyone got any suggestions.
I have a sipgate voip account and have just purchased the netgear voice adapter for it so i can plug my analogue phone in.
Now I have it behind a Zoom X5 Modem router firewall ect, I can connect to the Internet OK but I cant get the phone activated.
I was told To forward the port to the netgear but that hasnt helped any.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know Cry
8 REPLIES
N/A

Netgear voice adapter

for the time being you could try temporarily disabling the firewall completely to see if it works.
N/A

Netgear voice adapter

Have you looked at the sipgate site?

As this adapter is tied to them, it should have some good instructions on how to set it up.

Although they will not be geared direct at your router, it should help you with the settings that you need to look for.
N/A

Netgear voice adapter

Tried turning off firewall. No Luck

Contacted sipgate said I should try forwarding ports to the voice adapter but thay did not make it clear how to do this.
They also said I need the same port number for all devices but each time I try changing the IP address I loose connection to the internet.
If anyone knows of a foolproof guide on how to do this please let me know any help will be greatfully apreciated :lol:
N/A

Netgear voice adapter

Give your TA612V a fixed IP. mine is 196.168.0.20

Then forward the following ports on your Zoom to the fixed IP of the TA612V.

UDP 5060-5061
UDP 8000-8012
UDP 5004
UDP 10000-20000
TCP+UDP 3478-3497

I had a problem with other rules for other devices causing problems. Remove any others first then add them later.
If you still have probs I can PM you my SIP ID and talk you through it.

Regards Paul
N/A

Netgear voice adapter

I am having trouble assigning an IP address to the netgear.
I think I have done it right but I just dont know
N/A

Netgear voice adapter

On the Netgear go to 'Basic settings' and select 'Use Static IP Address'.

Enter your chosen IP here and apply.

Once all the ports are forwarded to that IP the go to http://www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear and enter the MAC address of the Netgear.
N/A

Netgear voice adapter

When I click on Use static Ip I need to enter DNS Numbers where would I find these.
N/A

Netgear voice adapter

Use 212.159.13.49 & 212.159.13.50