cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear dg824m

N/A

Netgear dg824m

Hi guys

I wonder if any of you can help, just purchased a netgear dg824m, and configured settings correctly as I can see. But it just wont connect to plusnet (adsl).

I have know problem with my usr adsl modem.

If anyone has setup a dg824m before, please can you forward me your setting or any tips.

regards

jon
jonsm@metronet.co.uk
9 REPLIES
JasonC
Dabbler

Netgear dg824m

DG824m

It took about 4 hours before my DG824m connected ( the "(i)" style LED on the front panel).

Leave it running, and keep re-booting every so often. Eventually mine just stared working.

BTW, make sure you get the 1.4 firmware patch.

Beyond that you don't really have anything to set up bar he basic PPPoA type stuff.

Good luck - it's a great router once it's up & running.
N/A

Netgear dg824m

That's strange. My DG814 (the non-wireless version of the DG824M) was setup and routing internet to 3 PCs within 30 minutes of me taking it out of the box...
There are no doubt some slight differences somewhere..
JasonC
Dabbler

Netgear dg824m

I don't beleive it's a problem with the router - It's something at the exchange / DSLAM. I changed nothing over the period it was attempting to connect as I knew I'd set up the device correctly - and "eventually" it worked.
N/A

dg824m firmware

hi guys thanks for that i will try again, also unable to upload the firmware, did you guys download it form netgear.co.uk or netgear.com

The upgrade seems to work, but on reboot its still version 1.20

regards

jon
N/A

Netgear dg824m

hi guys

managed to upgrade to 1.3 firmware, still cant get it to 1.4, also have left the unit to connect for about 4 hours now, still no luck

can you guys do a screen sump of you settings so i can copy and add to my router

regards

jon
JasonC
Dabbler

Netgear dg824m

I imagine these are non binary groups so where so you want the screen dumps mailing to?
JasonC
Dabbler

Netgear dg824m

As for the firmware - ISTR I upgraded to 1.3.0.3 first, then to 1.4 as I couldn't get 1.4 to work straight away (think I was on 1.3 originally).

Again ISTR I got them off the UK site.

Don't interupt the router doing the upgrade to 1.3X. Let it upgrade, then reboot it manually, then upgrade to 1.4

That worked for me.
N/A

Netgear dg824m

hi guys

if you could send the screen dumps of you configuration settings to jonsm@metronet.co.uk

and also the img files, i cant download of the netgear.co.uk

many thanks

jon
jonsm@metronet.co.uk
Eserim
Rising Star

Netgear dg824m

it took a lot to get my firmware upgraded - Netgear advice helped.

Always use a fixed link - not wireless - this means buying.borrowing a normal network card
Always go up in steps - 1.2 to 1.3 to 1.4
Restore to factory defaults before any new attempt after a failed attempt.

For me this got me to 1.3 OK, then 1.4 was a problem.

I did several restore to factory resets, but failed to get it back to 1.2 - stayed at 1.3 - finally I tried again to get to 1.4 and this time it took.

Very much a case of trial and error I'm afriad.

One thing that also changed on mine after this was the default channel - this changed to 11 (I believe) and before it was something diffferent, which meant it didn't connect to the wireless PC until I changed the setting for the network card.

Not the easiest thing to upgrade, but apart from that , mine is working fine - no dropped connections or anything

CHAwke