Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG834G with Plus Net ADSL ?

N/A

Hi,

Anyone use the Netger DG834G ?

NETGEAR DG834G 54 Mbps Wireless ADSL Firewall - Wireless router - DSL - EN, Fast EN,

Need a new router and wanted to make sure this one was ok with plus net ADSL acounts.

Thanks for any information
Scott
11 REPLIES
N/A

A very good router and works fine with +net and even AOL
N/A

thanks for reply

thanks for reply.

what sort of traffic are you passing through the router ?

my previous router fell over a few times when using VPN (PPTP), FTP and 3389 (remote desktop/terminal server) direct.

Thanks
Scott
N/A

Scott

You may, like me, want to wait just a few more days when the new DG834GT comes out. As far as I can tell the only difference (apart from the price) is the wireless speed, it's twice as fast.

Rgds Chris
N/A

thanks for reply

thanks for reply,

thats a good point. I did notice there is a GT version but the difference didnt quite registred.

thanks for pointing it out : )

Scott
LiamM
Grafter

I use the DG834G router and have found it to be very durable.

My normal usage has 2 PCs via Ethernet, 1 Cisco VoIP Terminal, 1 802.11g Wi-Fi'ed PC, 1 802.11g Wi-Fi Laptop and I run Web/FTP Server as well as Terminal Services Clients all with ease. Also use BitTorrent pretty much 24/7.
N/A

Hi Martin,

thanks for reply.

that pretty much settles it then. I shouldnt have a problem with http + ftp + pptp services.

How good is the VoIP service ? (are you on 1mb/256 20:1 ?)

Cheers
Scott
LiamM
Grafter

I'm actually called Liam, and, as per my sig, I am happily on the Plusnet 1Mbit Premier product.

I use the Broadband Voice service from BT which I find very reliable. It uses about 128k of bandwidth while the call is in progress, but then just a ping every now and then to make sure your still connected when not in use. I can very much recommend it, for £6/month I get unlimited evening and weekend calls and a free bit of Cisco VoIP kit. If you do think about getting it by the way, let me know and I can "refer" you and we'll both get £10 worth of credit.
N/A

: )

Sorry i got your name wrong Liam.

"If you do think about getting it by the way, let me know and I can "refer" you and we'll both get £10 worth of credit."

I will do.......see you students........ : )

I thought i might get away with VoIP over multi site VPN to cancel all telelphone charges. BT still seem to like to charge people during the day. I would be looking at VoIP from the point of view of running over internal WAN ie site to site.

Very interesting though, thanks for the URL.

Cheers
Scott
lowry
Grafter

I've heard good reports of the DG834G before, and it sounds like a decent product. I have been thinking of one, but there was one hting I haven't seen mentioned. Does it show good line stats? SNR level, etc...

matt Wink
N/A

I have just got the Netgear DG834 modem router (not wireless) can anyone tell me if this is ok with plus net, and do I need any info from plus net to set it up. Thanks
LiamM
Grafter

Does it show good line stats? SNR level, etc...

Yes it does, Screenshot here