cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG834G connection problem.

N/A

Hi,

Can someone help me please. I have ventured into the world of using a combined router and ADSL modem. I can't get to connect to Plus Net. I'm running XP Pro and I have connected the DG834G to the LAN socket on the motherboard of my ABIT NF-7S. I don't have a Network Card ... do I need one? The system also has Norton Internet Security installed on it.

I have gone through Netgear's setup wizard, I attempt to connect, but it tells me there is a problem with CHAP and the LCP is down.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards...Steve Thompson
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Please make sure you are entering your username with the correct realm eg. username@plusdsl.net as this is the most common problem.
N/A

Mark,

Thank you for pointing that out. So used to just putting in the username.
However, it does seem to be a bit slow or is this just due to traffic at this time of night.

Regards...Stephen Thompson
Community Veteran

What do you mean by slow?

What does the plusnet speed test show (click connection settings on the left)?

What does the ADSLguide [url=http://www.adslguide.org/uk/speedtest]speedtest[/url= show?
N/A

Peter,

Tried the speed test, put it just keeps running. Anyway the time is 01:30 and it seems fine. Thanks anyway, it must just have been very busy then.

Thanks to all those who looked at my posting and to those that provided me with the answers.

Happy Christmas Everyone

Stephen Thompson