cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG824M Wireless Modem Gateway

N/A

I am thinking of migrating to ADSL and am considering buying Netgear DG824M Wireless Modem Gateway. Has anyone got any experience using this piece of hardware. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

JJ
3 REPLIES
N/A

No direct experience of the model you are considering, though I do generally like/have confidence in Netgear equipment. Have been using a Netgear RT328 ISDN router for about three years, no problems. When we get ADSL, August, I'm considering using a Netgear DG814, which is the non-wireless version of what your looking at. Anyhow... I'm sure others will offer more relevent experience.

You may also want to look at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ which has non-ISP specific discussion forums, some focusing on hardware, and tends to have a wider range of opinions/experiences.

Good luck!
N/A

i use a netgear DG814 router which is the non-wireless model as already mentioned and i've had no problems with it. i have had no experience with any other routers but i see no reason that i should change. it certainly looks better than any other routers i've seen Smiley
i am considering upgrading to the wireless model because i have recently bought a laptop and a 20 metre ethernet cable can get annoying while moving around Sad
N/A

I have turned my DG814 router in a wireless router by plugging a Netgear Access point (ME102)in to the router.

Cheaper than going out and replacing it!! Everything worked first time and I get a great signal even from the bottom of my garden.

I now have my laptop and Xbox using a wireless cards to access the broadband.

Cheers,

Scott