cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG814 & DMZ

N/A

Netgear DG814 & DMZ

Hi,

I was just wondering if the netgear DG814 has DMZ feature built in? DMZ is where 1 lan machine can be exposed to the entire internet, also if you could show me a screenshot of where this feature is in the netgear WWW interface i'd be most appreciated.

Thank You
5 REPLIES
N/A

Netgear DG814 & DMZ

Yes it does have a dmz zone but I cant give you a screen shot. A review of the router is here
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q4/netgear-dg814.asp
N/A

Netgear DG814 & DMZ

Im thinking of buying this router but ive heard that if you switch a pc of that is connected to the router and leave it inactive alnight long for example, when the computer boots up again and trys to access the internet it doesn't work and the router has to be rebooted to gain net access again? does this really happen? ive also heard summat about the clock!!

Cheers
Community Veteran

Netgear DG814 & DMZ

Yes there is a setting in the router that needs to be set to zero (Idle timeout I think)
Once this has bee adjusted it should stay up for ever and a day Cool
Boundey
Grafter

Netgear DG814 & DMZ

Yes there is a setting in the router that needs to be set to zero (Idle timeout I think)
Once this has bee adjusted it should stay up for ever and a day Cool

lol please stress the word SHOULD but with my dg814 it falls on its arse everyday, and thats the 2nd one i've had!!!

There something up somewhere and no one is putting their hands up to it Sad
N/A

Netgear DG814 & DMZ

my DG814 is fine..
Idle Timeout of 0
Current uptime of 18 hours (but I had to reboot it to change a setting the other day)