cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG814 Connection

N/A

Netgear DG814 Connection

I have just joined plusnet and although being somwhat horrified at the recent posts here, I have yet to experience any slow connections as I haven't managed to connect at all.

I shall of course be trying every method under the sun tonight but in case any one has any prior experience of setting up the Netgear router would you mind lending me a hand??

TIA
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Netgear DG814 Connection

> I have just joined plusnet and although being somwhat horrified at the recent posts here, I have yet to experience any slow connections as I haven't managed to connect at all.
>
> I shall of course be trying every method under the sun tonight but in case any one has any prior experience of setting up the Netgear router would you mind lending me a hand??
>
> TIA

I have exactly the same model ADSL router, although I have recently upgraded the FW to 4.3 I can confirm that the connection worked before and afterwards. Please tell me more about your issue and I will try to help as much as possible. Are you able to get the wizard working in your browser?

Regards
Tim

--
N/A

d'oh you beat me to it! Yeah I have that same router with the 4.3 upgrade and it's working fine. contact me if you need help.
N/A

> d'oh you beat me to it! Yeah I have that same router with the 4.3 upgrade and it's working fine. contact me if you need help.

Cheers for the offer of help gents. Much appreciated.

I can currently connect to the router fine but cannot get out from there. I have tried connecting using my laptop (win2K) and deskptop (WinMe) but no success. I am entering all the DNS server information. Should I do this or attempt to obtain this info automatically?

Do you both use the supplied filter?

Saturn
Grafter

I too have a DG814 and the settings I am using are:

Basic settings:

Does your internet connection require a login: Yes
Encapsulation: PPP over ATM
Login name & password: your stuff
DNS: Get automatically from ISP
ISP Params:
Mux: VC-Based
VPI: 0
VCI:38
Saturn
Grafter

I also use only the supplied filter. I put this at the master socket and fed the modem output to the router. The telephone output runs around the house to all of the other telephone sockets (and hence the connected phones).
N/A

I am now connected!!

Many thanks all for your your input. The problem was that the cable from the router to the phone line was in the left hand of the two ports (as you look at the back). On changing to the right one and getting the DNS info automatically everthing fell into place.
Saturn
Grafter

Excellent. Glad it worked out ok.
N/A

Nice work chaps! makes a change from some of the posts I read on here!