cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear 834 2MB fix

Brickinit
Grafter

Netgear 834 2MB fix

having just bought a new modem router,plugged in and set it up in about 10 mins everything seem ok but after about 25 mins the router reset itself. this continually happened, did all the usual things restarts reconfigure ect. looked on netgears website done all the things it said on there,still know difference.i then spotted a users forum on there chucked in a search and Bob's your uncle fanny's your.........well you know the saying!
there it was, you must upgrade the firmware for 2MB conections.
downloaded and installed the file and you have one happy bunny. got to be worth some of the others on here just upgraded looking down this route.
17 REPLIES
FireStorm
Grafter

Netgear 834 2MB fix

I am using the beta firmware on my 834.... It does still disconnect, but its more a monthly thing these days.
Brickinit
Grafter

Netgear 834 2MB fix

but its more a monthly thing these days.

hmmm! sounds like a bit of PMT to me try some hormone patches :lol:
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

Can I suggest upgrading to the latest release firmware: V2.10.22
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

Couldnt agree more solstans,

The latest version is fully supported and better than the previous beta version.

By all means upgrade.
Brickinit
Grafter

Netgear 834 2MB fix

v2.10.22 is the version i upgraded to and since saturday it's been fine need a few more weeks to make sure but at the moment signs are looking good
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

Excellent. let us know how you get on.
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

The latest version of firmware has been the most stable for me to be honest, I don't recall any resets at all. Smiley
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

I've been running it since it was released with no problems. The only reset's I have to make are when my voip phone goes and refuses to register with SIPGate. The only cure is reboot the phone and sometimes the router - I'm suspecting problems with SIPGate's stun server and sip proxy (need to get some more ethereal captures and see if I can figure out which bit is going wrong - but every time I go hunting for the problem it goes away Wink )
Brickinit
Grafter

Netgear 834 2MB fix

a little update, everything working fine for nearly a week then it all went pear shape again tried allsorts resets reinstalls,had to keep the same firmware update as as couldn't get on-line to use the uninstall tool at netgear, in the end had to phone the help-line :? got it working again eventually, by reducing the MTU from 1400 to 1300. still not totally stable so will have a play around with the MTU when i get time.
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

to gadgetboy and soltans - what MTU are you using?
keithcalder
Grafter

Netgear 834 2MB fix

DG834 comes with mtu set at 1458, I changed mine to 1458 in the routers config menu, as I get better throughput with this settings.
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

I also use 1458 without any issue on a DG834G.
Have tried higher and lower but this seems best for my set-up
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

Does that mean you haven't changed it? Cheesy
You've obviously re-typed the same figure by mistake.
lysaght
N/A

Netgear 834 2MB fix

It came set up as 1458, then I changed it around to different settings to see which worked out best, and it happened that the default worked best for me, so thats what I put is back to.
I would guess that for a lot of folks the default must be correct, else why would it be the default? :roll: