cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear 632 Connection Settings

N/A

Plus net has activated my account and I opted for my own hardware installation. I have got a netgear 632 ADSL modem router which when plugged in syncs up to the adsl service and my XP PC connects to the modem browser interface where my username and password is entered correctly. I have run the set-up wizard on the router and it says that there is an active ADSL service connected. I have also run the new internet connection on my PC and when the wizard closes it says the connection is setup and is ready to use. I have checked my connection settings from the tools menu in my browser and have set it to use the LAN and not to dial my default connection for the dialup modem.

My friend has exactly the same service with plus net and a linksys router set up in the same way. only difference is that on the network connections it shows an icon called internet gateway and mine doesn't. I think this is the missing link that is stopping the whole thing from working.

Does anyone have any ideas. I have searched the support area and doesn't cover my type of configuration in enough detail.

Thanking you in advance.
5 REPLIES
Del
Grafter

I just set up my Netgear DG834 and had the same sort of problem (I think).

Did you remember to use @plusdsl.net after your username then let the auto configuration run.

Hope this helps.
N/A

Yep, got that bit... I'm sure it's something quite simple and I thinks it's probably the set up of my netgear from the PC end that's at fault. It's as though my PC knows its connected to the netgear, but doesn't know it's supposed to get the internet through it.
Community Veteran

Internet gateway only appears if your router supports UPNP, it is enabled on the roueter and you have the UPNP service running on windows.

Not having this is not the reason why you can't connect.

Do you have a software firewall running. If so disable it and see if you can get connected.

Also post the results of the following command in a DOS window:

ipconfig /all
keithcalder
Grafter

I have the same router too, only difference is my one is wireless. When you open your network connections, do you have an icon thats called " Internet Gateway" as well as your Lan one?. I installed this router in under 5 minutes and had no problems whatsoever. Also have you updated the firmeware to the latest version? ( its 1.0.5 at the moment).

Almost forgot, make sure your windows firewall is switched off as wellas any other firewall as the 834 has its own hardware firewall with spi so you dont need another firewall as it will cause conflicts.

Hope this helps

keith
Community Veteran

This is a Netgear DG632, not a DG834. They are different models and the 632 is a single port ADSL router (only has 1 Ethernet and 1 USB connection capability) and does not come with an SPI firewall.

It does support UPNP so if you enable this in the router (normally disabled by default) you should get the internet gateway appearing but that in itself should not be the reason why it does not work.