cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetGear834 Modem Router

N/A

NetGear834 Modem Router

Hi there,

just got 1 of these due to loosing sunc every now n then with me pci card, now ive set everything up and its working fine but i have a problem with not being able to connect to ICQ.

Anyone have any ideas on how i can get it to login to ICQ, i keep gettin ICQ Info Number: 0124 - Checked google for a search on that info number but without success, So any boffins on ere that can point me in the direction of a solution to this, all my friends i speak to use ICQ so i really need this to be sorted.

Thx

Chamone
6 REPLIES
N/A

NetGear834 Modem Router

I have the same router- try updating the firmware if you haven't already?
N/A

NetGear834 Modem Router

Have you got UPnP enabled on the router and installed on the OS (WinXP) ?
N/A

NetGear834 Modem Router

Ya UnPnP is ticket and checked and as for firmware im on the latest i guess..?

BTW whats the latest LOL

I have had ICQ working, but its kinda dropped again and gives the same error numner or info number shud i say!

This is really ticking me off now Grrrrrr Evil

Router: Firmware Version V1.04.01
Modem: ADSL Firmware Version 1.01.00.00
Community Veteran

NetGear834 Modem Router

latest is 1.05.00. You can find it here.

I suspect ICQ does not use UPnP (very few apps do) so enabling it may not make any difference. Note: if Upnp is being used, the UPnP page on the router config will show entries in the portmap table.

I suspect you need to setup some port forwarding entried to get it to work. Try googling for the necessary ports you need to set rules for (I don;t use ICQ so can't help).
N/A

NetGear834 Modem Router

Right well finially got on it but im unable to send files (pics n other stuff) to friends, anyone any clo0's to what to do in the firewall settings to enable to to send files over icq..?

BTW what does the new updated firmware resolve?
Community Veteran

NetGear834 Modem Router

Click on the link, then on the firmware version link and it tells you.