cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to restart router

N/A

Need to restart router

I set up the Solwise router yesterday, got onto the net, got various rules working as we have a vpn server and all seemed to be working ok.

however, if i either try to connect to the vpn then disconnect, or if i go into the solwise config pages, i then need to turn the router off then on again to get back onto the net.

does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, or do i have a faulty router?
thanks
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Need to restart router

> I set up the Solwise router yesterday, got onto the net, got various rules working as we have a vpn server and all seemed to be working ok.
>
> however, if i either try to connect to the vpn then disconnect, or if i go into the solwise config pages, i then need to turn the router off then on again to get back onto the net.
>
> does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, or do i have a faulty router?
> thanks

I've had a similar probelm with a Linksys router I've been trialing for my company. When disconnecting the VPN connection if I immediately try to go on the internet, the router drops the ADSL sync and reboot (albeit automatically).

I found that if I waited until windows had dropped the TCP active connection for the VPN - its kept alive for a while after you disconnect - then I had no problem. Check using Netstat command in a dos window when the connection is dropped and then try connecting to the internet.

N/A

> does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, or do i have a faulty router?

Hi,

To be honest, the best place to ask this might be the solwise forums at http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk - I'm sure that someone there will be able to offer assistance with regard to this.

Best Wishes,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

thanks, it does seem to behave better if i don't reconnect quickly. the solwise forum hasn't been much help so far, the only answers i can find are too technically involved and noone seems to be able to give me anything in plain english!!