cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Dr Speedtouch please!!

N/A

I have a speedtouch 330 usb modem and when I run the diagnostic tool to get my line stats etc it says it cannot connect to the internet that there is a proxy issue. They offer a guidance on how to correct it, and my settings are correct to what they recommend! Can anyone advise or offer an idea on what I can do!

what happens is there is a percentage meter that runs an dit connects to My computer first which goes ok, then to Speedtouch as in the modem I assume which also goes ok, then to my ISP which also is fine then it supposed to connect to the internet and I get this:-

Connecting to a Website Failed

Dr SpeedTouch was unable to reach a Website via HTTP.

This is typically due to an Incorrect Proxy Server configuration. Using a proxy server is currently disabled.

it then allows me to configure or verify internet settings.

which I go through and its set up as they suggest!

AARRGGHHH!

help please!!!!

Peter
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Peter.

Are you running a software firewall on your PC and if so is it blocking access for the speedtouch utility?

I have removed the duplicate post also Smiley
N/A

thanks i only press it once yet seem to double and triple post for some reason!

i have zone alarm pro and i have allowed it custom access within program control, trust level is 3 green bars, and there is ticks across the board for internet and server!

sorry to be a pain but I am thick with these sort of things!!
N/A

also have windows Onecare and that allows dr speedtouch
MichaelB

Hi,
I had the same problem. My internet would not work and i could find no reason why it could not, all the other PCs were working fine! Then I realised that my PC is the only one with Zone Alarm running, so I went into the config went to the 'firewall' tab, then to the 'zones' tab, and set my connection to 'trusted', now my internet works fine!

Hope this helps Smiley

James
Sisyphus

I had the same message from Dr Speedtouch but despite this the connection was fine. Disabling ZoneAlarm didn't make any difference.

My Voyager 105 from PlusNet arrived today (I'm a newbie to PlusNet) so I changed over to it and its diagnostics program seems to be missing! Nevertheless it works fine and actually gives me better speed vs the Speedtouch 330. Perhaps just a vagary of the BT connection? - don't know.

Speedtouch 06/04/06 7.10pm
Downstream 1751 Kbps (218.9 KB/sec) 1891 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 260 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Voyager 06/04/06 7.30pm
Downstream 1873 Kbps (234.1 KB/sec) 2022 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 240 Kbps (30.0 KB/sec) 259 Kbps (inc. overheads)