cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly Enabled

Midville
Grafter

Nearly Enabled

My exchange is being enabled on the 23 Nov 04 Cheesy , the BT guy will be converting my Homehighway line on the morning of the 24. So my question is...... when should I be able to use my new 2mb Plusnet service. Same day.... few days time.

Any ideas .... thanks
Jason
7 REPLIES
N/A

Nearly Enabled

My exchange was enabled on 17th and Plus have given me an activation date of 25th so look for around 8 days or so.

I've still had no explanation as to why it takes so long after the exchange is ready considering my order with Plus was submitted to BT months ago, but there you go.
Alecto
Grafter

Nearly Enabled

Rumour has it that Pn can't submit your order to BT till your exchange is actually enabled.
It's obviously far too hard for BT to take a list of advance orders and crack on with them as soon as it can like any normal company would do.
N/A

Nearly Enabled

It's obviously far too hard for BT to take a list of advance orders and crack on with them as soon as it can like any normal company would do.

Not true - my order has been on BT's order tracking system since 29th September.
Alecto
Grafter

Nearly Enabled

So much for rumour.
I was sure that was what I'd heard from Pn.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
N/A

Nearly Enabled

So much for rumour.
I was sure that was what I'd heard from Pn.
Sic transit gloria mundi.

Yeah, that's what Plus have been telling people, but it's wrong. In fact when I first signed up for ADSL in September I was asked if I wanted to pay the activation fee then to speed up the process or wait to pay until my exchange had been enabled. If they couldn't submit an order until the exchange was online then why bother offering the choice?!!

Bit miffed that I was led to part with my £60 two months early to be honest - in fact I've got a ticket out right now asking for clarification.
Alecto
Grafter

Nearly Enabled

Glad that it's not my memory letting me down!
It'll be interesting to see how Pn explain it.
N/A

Nearly Enabled

Right, I have looked into this a little for everyone, but I can't confirm dates or anything, as the information is patchy.

When BT queue exchanges for activation, ISPs can only submit orders X days prior to activation.

BT queue these orders.

From what I can see, the first so many orders BT have queued will get activation dates, nearer to the time (not 100% on that one), and the rest are left in the queue. This is to prevent BT overbooking.

Any orders remaining in the queue by BT, will get dates within 24 hours of the exchange being activated.

However, people that order prior to the date when the ISP being able to submit orders are slightly different. In the case of PlusNet, there orders are queued, but not submitted untilt eh date of activation.

Don't quote me on any of this, as the detail is patchy at best.