cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Premier customer P2P Speeds

khaggy
Dabbler

i have recently realised that when downloading files of internet explorer it reaches around 4.8 mps. this probably means i am getting upgraded to the 8mb package. But when i use torrent or P2P it is extremely slow. Is this due to the first ten days of upgrading? I am a new customer n the premier package as i joined on thursday.

Many thanks

S khagram
5 REPLIES
khaggy
Dabbler

im also just wondering as i am new am i covered by the 30 day trial?
N/A

There is a problem with P2P downloads at the moment.

P2P will always be throttled in some way in order to give other stuff priority. Most I get on a 2meg link is about 150KBps (acceptable).
khaggy
Dabbler

great.. do you think this will change soon or should i switch? how much is it to break my contract and flee? lol im not sure if im covered by the 30 day trial how do i find out? i did not order their equipment as i am using my router
Alecto
Grafter

The P2P situation is not bad for everybody or all the time.
If you look on the service status part of the forum, you will see that they have identified a problem for certain of their customers and are looking at it .

Daytime before about 4pm, I personally have no problem with torrents and with a well seeded one download at 500kB/s plus, though of an evening they are strangled like everybody else's. I say this not as "I'm all right Jack", but rather to point out that it is possible to have good torrent speeds on Plusnet.

Difficult to advise you what to do though if you're sure the problem is not at your exchange or with your own settings. I'd give them a few days to see if they can do something about it, after double checking my settings and my router and my firewall.
khaggy
Dabbler

when i first got it torrents and p2p were going at a fast rate but as soon as they increased my speed even before 4pm i am getting extremely slow speeds. thanks for the comments. much appreciated i hope plusnet get their act together and sort out this problem!