cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "Easystart" account is coming to an end

N/A

What happens when the initial year of "Easystart" is up? For the past 11 months, I've been paying £24.99 per month, and obviously after 12 months I've reached the end of that contract.

Does my account just automatically change to the lower not-paying-for-modem-any-more price-plan option, as I'm perfectly happy to continue using Plusnet, or will I have to renew somewhere?

Just curious really...
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Nothing changes. You are still on a monthly contract and will still continue to pay £24.99/mo. You can continue to do this or request a change to a lower priced product.

Your best bet is to switch (for a fee of £14.99) to one of the new broadband home products. Either one of the usage inclusive ones or premier (which is the same as you have now - unlimited)
N/A

Peter, I'm in pretty much the same situation as Toonlist - my 12 months on easystart is up next month.

Just to clarify - I have to pay 14.99 to change to the new home broadband even if I do not want any upgrade or change to the service I have?

Having looked at the product pages trying to figure out how I go about all this it would seem that customers from other isp's do not have to pay the 14.99 (special offer it says).

Does this seem a little unfair to you - some of us have been loyal customers to plus net and seem to be penalised for wanting to change from a service no longer offered to the latest prices. If I should continue to pay the 24.99 what exactly am I getting extra to the 21.99 (premium 512k).

If all this is right it doesn't exactly make you feel like staying with plus net does it!!

Please help me understand this a bit better?

Tracey.
N/A

I thought that with easy start, you pay the activation fee over a period of 12 months, and after that it goes back to normal?

as surely continuing to pay the same amount after the 12 months, would be like paying for the activation fee again.

ahhhhh just had a go at setting one up to see what it says, on the page that gives you the option of easy start, it says this at the bottom

* This extra £7.50 is payable for the first 12 months only thereafter the standard monthly charge will apply. If you cancel your account within the first 12 months there is a cancellation fee of £99.99
** Mac users please note, this modem is only suitable for use with OSX or above. All hardware prices exclude P&P.
Community Veteran

Peter, I'm in pretty much the same situation as Toonlist - my 12 months on easystart is up next month.

Just to clarify - I have to pay 14.99 to change to the new home broadband even if I do not want any upgrade or change to the service I have?

Correct. The charge is an admin fee to move you to the new products which are based on a new charging structure from BT called Capacity Based Charging (CBC). This is how PlusNet have been able to offer such low prices on the new products. None of the old products have changed in features or cost.

Having looked at the product pages trying to figure out how I go about all this it would seem that customers from other isp's do not have to pay the 14.99 (special offer it says).

There is a difference. The free migration is to atract new customers and as such is subsidised from PlusNets marketing budget. The more customers plusntet can attract the better the company will be in offering new and improved services and products in the future.

Does this seem a little unfair to you - some of us have been loyal customers to plus net and seem to be penalised for wanting to change from a service no longer offered to the latest prices. If I should continue to pay the 24.99 what exactly am I getting extra to the 21.99 (premium 512k).

This issue has been debated to death over the past few months. PlusNet are not goingto change there policy on this. You don't get anything extra with the new products except a reduction in the monthly fee because you were on an exceptionally cheap product to start with (Easystart was in effect subsidied to the tune of £120 over the year compared to someone on say ADSL home who paid for activation, modem and virus scanning up-front). The £14.99 fee will be recouped after 5 months and thnen you will be paying less.

If all this is right it doesn't exactly make you feel like staying with plus net does it!!

That is your choice but you need to consider the whole package you get (low costs, webspace, 24/7 support (including support tickets) and an excellent service). You are unlikley to find anything close to that from other ISPs - why do you think so many people from other ISPs like pipex, nildram, Zen, Eclipse are all moving to PlusNet.
Community Veteran

ahhhhh just had a go at setting one up to see what it says, on the page that gives you the option of easy start, it says this at the bottom

* This extra £7.50 is payable for the first 12 months only thereafter the standard monthly charge will apply. If you cancel your account within the first 12 months there is a cancellation fee of £99.99
** Mac users please note, this modem is only suitable for use with OSX or above. All hardware prices exclude P&P.

Not sure what your comment is here? None of that would appply to you if you switched to one of the new broadband home products after completing 12 months on easystart.

If you tried to upgrade now (before your 12 months were up) you would pay an additional £7.50 for the remaining months of your original 12 month contract. The cancellation fee is the same as your old easystart package if you still left within 12 months or your original contract.

You need to switch at the end of your 12 month contract, then none of that would apply.
N/A

Re: My "Easystart" account is coming to an end

Hi Peter,

It was in response to toonlist's initial query regarding what will happen to his account. Not my account. I 'pretended' to setup a new account, so that I could see exactly what information it gives regarding the easy start.

I'm curious now...... was my post misread, or did I misleadHuh reading back, maybe a bit of both, maybe I should have quoted toonlist.

sorry if I have caused anyone any confusion Smiley

[edit] ahhh I see where you are coming from, it was meant for toonlist, not enterprise1701... doh!! /me reminds self to use quote [/edit]