cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ever failing connection managed to stay up all night last

N/A

My ever failing connection managed to stay up all night last

Anyone else experienced an amazing recovery then a drop outHuh or do I still have a potential problem with my USB ModemHuh
4 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: My ever failing connection managed to stay up all night

when your "system hung again" please explain more....

What happens to your pc and usb modem. Also can u do anything with your pc?

cUnDaLl

--

1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

Hi,

When I say hung, I mean the connection.

The dial up connection appears in the system tray as two monitors - one appears to be outbound one inbound.

Ever since I have been on ADSL (since 29th October 2002) I would be browsing away or downloading something and whilst working both inbound/outbound monitors would be solid green (data tranfer - all ok) . After a while both monitors go out, then then left hand one blinks every second for about 10-15 seconds. After that no data comes in or out. The access runner control panel shows status of connected, the noise levels seem fairly ok and there are relatively few errors in the stats (less than 10). The only option left is to disconnect the network connection, I right click on the connection, properties, disconnect. Now 90% of the time this simply hangs - not responding. I then try to shut down the system but it will hang indefinately. The offending process seems to be CnxDslTb.exe it just wont be killed.

Windows XP
and
Windows XP sp1

Connexant Access Runner Software As supplied
and
Access runner v2.0

Packard Bell Athlon 600 (slot A)
Full Rate ADSL USB modem.

If you have any advice I would be most grateful but in all the years I have been using computers this stinks of ***** HARDWARE/SOFTWARE and unfortunately it has spoiled a bloody good ADSL connection with average speeds of 464-497 downstream!
chino
Grafter

How long does this happen for, as i have a simular problem however it only lasts for a min then it works fine again.. So have u tried just leaving it? and how often does it happen?

cUnDaLl
--

1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

cUnDaLl

I have left the system in a hung state for about half an hour, cant remember if that was after attempting to disconnect.
I do however find that the connection usually just requires a redial first thing in the morning so next time it happens I will leave it.

Just out of interest, what modem/router do you have and how long have you had it?

Rich