2. applied service pack 1a
3. loaded modem drivers and hardware
4. running within 5 mins

One happy new subscriber. Cheesy

Paul
7 REPLIES
N/A

My closure on Binatone and XP

Glad you sorted it out. I've passed your info onto a friend who will be getting BB when his line is up and running in October.

He has a problem on dial-up that the modem drivers have to be reinstalled at times, I'm not sure this is relevant to USB, but worth remembering on XP as he runs the same edition as you.

I can't wait for my line to be activated, hopefully sometime next week.

witty Smiley
N/A

Is this the binatone a500? (The one a lot of XP users have been troubled by)
N/A

Yes its the Binatone that +net supply. Simply apply service pack 1a and there is not a problem (cept that it is a 100meg+ download).

Cant believe how fast it is now !!!!!

Paul
N/A

Ah this is very useful information, as a LOT of customers seem to be having troubles with this modem.
N/A

Just for the record, if you cannot or do not want to download service packs, good old microsoft will send you pack 1 free of charge on a CD with no P+P. Something PlusNet might want to note, as they charge over £11 P+P on the modem.
I read somewhere that the main difference between pack 1 and 1A is that 1A does not contain the virtual machine update for XP because of an ongoing legal dispute.
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windowsxp/servicepacks/sp1.asp
N/A

Sods law, Microsoft have now removed the above link and page from their site. It's seems it's only available by post now if you live in the US or Canada, and it's no longer free.
N/A

If you phone them, they will still send the CD free of charge.

Tim