cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My business+ speeds.

N/A

My business+ speeds.

Hi I'm with Plusnet for about 1.5 year. First when I asked for 8Mb upgrade everything was grate. I got the speed coming op too 7Mb but after a while it droped to aboyt 128kb/s I fought with that for 2 weeks. Now it's about 2 Mb though my router and a BT SPEEDTESTER are showing me a 7616kbs. I also recently upgraded to a business + my upload speed is suppose to go to 832kbs and it didn't it's still 448kbs.
Test output
IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1943 kbps

I'm just wandering WHERE ARE MY SPEEDS.
19 REPLIES
N/A

My business+ speeds.

What does it say your high speed broadband speed is here?
Aterlatus
Grafter

My business+ speeds.

Although that's within the realms of a reasonable speed according to BT (/sigh) we all know you should be running faster than that.

Is it constant or intermittent? Have you checked the status of your exchange to see if it's under heavy load so contention could be an issue? Try out the quiet test (dial 17070 from your phone, option 2) to see if there's any noise on the line.

On that note, if it's not already could the speedtester.bt.com site be made high priority traffic so that we can rule out traffic shaping in future?
N/A

My business+ speeds.

This looks like an incorrect profile at the PN end to me- can you do a speedtest as I described before anything else to eliminate this.
N/A

My business+ speeds.

I've done Every known speedcheck. I've checked the Exchange status ond it's OK. the speeds are constant Thouhg from time to time just for a couple of mins a week it reaches it's max - wich is about 6 - 7 Mb but never stays like that. The upload speed should be almost twice as big as it is.
chrisc
Grafter

My business+ speeds.

I've made a couple of changes from this end so if you reboot your connection you should start to see an increase in speeds.

With regards to the upload speed - it appears that this wasn't changed when the upgrade completed so I'll place a manual order for that today and that should complete on Monday for you.

EDIT: regrade order now placed and due to complete 11.06.07
N/A

My business+ speeds.

Just a BRAS problem .. ain't the comms team great Cheesy
Now get back to work before i get the shocky monkey !
N/A

My business+ speeds.

I've made a couple of changes from this end so if you reboot your connection you should start to see an increase in speeds.

With regards to the upload speed - it appears that this wasn't changed when the upgrade completed so I'll place a manual order for that today and that should complete on Monday for you.

Big Thanx. Will check it now
N/A

My business+ speeds.

OK I've got good news and bad news. My upload speeds went up to 832 kbs but my download speeds havn't changed.
I was just wandering what is the best way to connect router.
I have an extention cable from BT line to my room then the filter and then cabel to my router. Is it going to be better if I connect the filter direct to the BT socket and the router direct to filterHuhHuh
N/A

My business+ speeds.

OK I've got good news and bad news. My upload speeds went up to 832 kbs but my download speeds havn't changed.
I have an extention cable from BT line to my room then the filter and then cabel ♦to my router. Is it going to be better if I connect the filter direct to the BT socket and the router direct to filterHuhHuh
N/A

My business+ speeds.

I have an extention cable from BT line to my room then the filter and then cabel to my router. Is it going to be better if I connect the filter direct to the BT socket and the router direct to filterHuhHuh
N/A

My business+ speeds.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

My business+ speeds.

Did you try this link to see if PlusNet limit is stuck
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

My business+ speeds.

Why - when I made the above reply I got this error but the reply went in OK
N/A

My business+ speeds.

Why - when I made the above reply I got this error but the reply went in OK

Had same problem.
Anyway. I've checked https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
It's showing only 2000kbs but I can download between 2500 and 3000 I just can't reach the 7000kbs that all test(and my router) are showing me.