cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband connection keeps dropping quite frequently

N/A

Has anyone got similar problem and how do you get help?

I have not get this solved since I join the Plusnet two months ago. The service seems not very good.

Thanks for any input.
10 REPLIES
Griffo
Grafter

MIne has been doing the same today, lost count the amount of times! Sad
N/A

likewise, I've been losing connection from anything between 5 secs and 2 hours for the past 3 days. Takes me forever to get back the connection though (numerous router reboots).
Cos2005
Dabbler

yeah, iv had this problem only solution is rebooting the router :x
N/A

i had this problem with a 3com adsl router, picked up the latest driver from 3com and problem solved - but - when i did have connection i was getting 3Mb, now it is back to 1MB
N/A

ive had this problem from the maxdsl upgrade. Ive tried ask tech support but been swamped with them basically telling me its not happening. Ive been with PN for some time and even signed 6 others up (2 on my referrals) but times have changed. I cant talk for everyone but tech support try to pass the buck, line speed is unstable, drop rate is high and for the last few days found the router often disconnected needing maunally connecting.

Being totally honest I wouldnt resign with plus.net and have been looking for another ISP in the upcoming months.
N/A

Same

I was "upgraded" 3 months ago, the connection drops frequently at the worst of times. Even bought a new, wired router to see if that helped at all...it didnt
joecool
Grafter

Same here started yesterday with no connection, now today........then after a few minutes connection resumed...........must admit not had a problem before for over a year.
Dave_A
Dabbler

I have just changed hardware, from a Dell workstation (always online) now have a HP LP1000R Server, & the connection is dropped like know ones business. I have checked all possible settings on the machine. But to no avail. I'll have to raise a call to see if it is Plusnets end, you never know.
joecool
Grafter

At 18.14 disconnected whilst just got reconnected for the first time......at 20.06 just connected now............whats going on ?
N/A

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you look at the pages and pages of complaints under "PlusNet/BT download speed problems". Most people are suffering similar problems.

In my case I had a BT Voyager 2100 ADSL modem router and experienced the full range of connection problems, line rate swings and download speeds. After testing everything else I finally borrowed a Voyager 105 USB modem and tried that. Connection was a lot more stable - but download speeds were still low.

Bought a Belkin ADSL WirelessG/router from Plusnet for about £70 - same thing is on sale at Curry's for about £45. Connection is a lot more stable and reasonably consistent line speeds of around 4Mb/s. Occasional connection difficulties which are solved by unplugging and replugging the power - no on/off switch. Software reboot doesn't seem to have the same effect. I can live with this.

I don't know whether there is a problem with the Voyager 2100 in general, or whether it was just mine that was faulty.

My download speed has also recently jumped back up to around 2.2 Mb/s. :lol: