cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Usage query

snapper_mart
Grafter

My Usage query

I have received four emails today within a minute of each other, the first two staing that I have used 6GB this month, the second two saying I had used over 7 GB. Last time I checked my usage (before the page went down due to problems) I had used approx 3.5 GB in total and reckon to have downloaded about 2GB since then. Is the problems with the usage page reporting innaccurate download amounts?
34 REPLIES
Community Veteran

My Usage query

Your need to raise a contact us ticket on this one so PlusNet can investigate. There are problems with the view my usage stats but they are not supposed to effect the stats used for billing, but it looks like it has for your case.
N/A

multiple emails saying 2Gb exceeded, 3Gb exceeded etc.

Or can someone in the know just tell us if we can ignore these emails until the problems are sorted.

I only ask as when I questioned this via a ticket yeaterday, the response from CSC was that even though my PC was off, it was my router being scanned that was the probable cause of my excessive bandwith usage - even though I don't own a router.
N/A

My Usage query

As I posted in another topic today

I've received an email from pn telling me I've exceeded my 2Gb allowance. I only went onto this 1mb package on 14th September and checked my usage regularly until it stopped working a day or so ago and it wasn't even at 1gb.

I don't download large files although a few days before switching from the premier 512k service I downloaded over 1gb within a couple of days as a one-off before I was capped.

I'll raise a ticket later and see what they say.
Community Veteran

My Usage query

I too have recieved an email, my account was upgraded to 2meg on Thursday and as such my usage was reset. Up until yesterday I had used about 80meg and my usage for the last 3 months has averaged about 2 gig per month.

Chris
N/A

My Usage query

me too, I'm on 1Mbs, got 2 emails yesterday saying I'd gone past 1GB, then 2Gb (these emails at the same time).
Today I got another 2 saying I'd exceeded 3Gb, then 4Gb (again at the same time).
I raised a ticket, and got this response:
We are aware of, and are investigating, a problem with usage on ADSL accounts. We aim to have this resolved as swiftly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
This is causing the e-mails being sent out.

I supposed this was related to the usage monitor being up the left, which it seems to be. I wonder if PN will be able to reslove what bandwidth has been used over this period, I think maybe not. :lol:
N/A

My Usage query

I have this mess as well. After the regrade my usage figures have been a complete mess and I am getting mails about being charged. I have raised a ticket and Plusnet have advised that they are having problems with it.

I am annoyed at getting threatning emails about taking extra money, when clearly the GB used they say I have made is way out.
N/A

My Usage query

I'd say if they can't determine how much has been used they'll have to bin any stats which are questionable. For this reason I'm sure they're working hard to fix it so they can justify any charging, theres no way I've used what the emails say.
I shouldn't worry, the mails are automatic and I'd be confident you won't be billed as they say.
N/A

My Usage query

Well I was regraded on the 15th - since then they have changed the start and finish date that vmu runs about 4 times. 3 days ago it said I had used about 400mb that week, yesterday it hopped up to 1.5 gb and then 3gb with me hardly using anything at all in reality. I have now had a string of emails about getting charged for usage.

Looks like they need to bin this mess and start again from 1st october at 0mb.
Community Veteran

My Usage query

You should all still raise a contact us ticket if you have not done so, so Plusnet can check your setup and correct it if necessary. Failure to do this when you pass your billing date may result in you paying the additional fees.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

My Usage query

Hi,

With the View My Usage Tool offline I can't see what it actually says, and whether it is correct or not.

The developers are working on a problem with the tool, I don't know when it will be fixed yet, as soon as we know we'll update status.

What I can say is that no-one will be billed for data transfer they haven't used. I would ask that you hold off raising any tickets until it's resolved for the simple reason that the support team won't be able to do anything other than advise you there is a problem and we are working on. Once the problem is resolved, if your usage figures are still wrong then raise us a ticket and we will be able to correct it.
N/A

My Usage query

following earlier advice I did raise a ticket, but you guys should post the email problem aswell on the status page. Its reasonable to assume the usage meter is triggering the automatic emails, but I think its natural for people to question if this will also affect billing, in my case I have elected not pay in advance for additional bandwidth, it only saves me 25p per gig, set against paying for what I might not use.
If I believe my emails my bill is (at present) going to increase by £6.00, and this in the space of 36hrs :shock:
Community Veteran

My Usage query

I agree it would be a good idea to mention it on service status, im sure some customers may have already upgraded as a result of emails.

Chris
N/A

My Usage query

Noone has to upgrade as a result of these emails.
I am on 1Mbs at 14.99/ month with 1 Gb included. I can prepay in increments of 1Gb, at £1.75. I will probably use more than a gig/month but if I don't pay up front I will automatically be billed £2.00 for each gig I go over.
I've figured that the 'penalty' is so small, its much better than paying every month for bandwidth I might not use, and this is not credited.

If I go over my bandwidth 'limit' I will be charged at the higher rate. I don't need to do anything, except expect a slightly bigger bill. I have only just regraded from the old 512k adsl home self-install at £21.99/month, doubled my speed and expect to pay less.

I'm curious who would take out the 512kbs now, given its the same price as the 1Mbs, other than those whose lines aren't suitable.
N/A

My Usage query

Hi
I am still on 512k, but plan to upgrade to 1M when all these problems are sorted out. From all the posts, some of the upgrades have gone ok, whilst others are still having problems. So its wait and see. Wink