cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Neighbour is activated but I failed!!! WHY!!

N/A

My Neighbour is activated but I failed!!! WHY!!

My neighbour who has a line length more than me (he's 5.40km and I'm 5.20km) has been activated (and working all OK) with plusnet last week. I applied and my other neighbour and we have both failed. There is no more than 200m between the 2 properties. It seems that the test came back with too much signal loss (I think they said 80db and limit was 55db?).

The overriding weirdness of this is that adjacent properties have failed the test. Both properties are brand new (less than 1 year old) and built by the same contractor.

Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Plusnet now tell me that they will resubmit both myself and my "failed" neighbour again to see if that makes a difference - WHY WOULD IT! Then they would take the issue up with their BT Account manager.

Does anyone else have any advice on how to sort this out?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
elton
Grafter

RE: My Neighbour is activated but I failed!!! WHY!!

> My neighbour who has a line length more than me (he's 5.40km and I'm 5.20km) has been activated (and working all OK) with plusnet last week. I applied and my other neighbour and we have both failed. There is no more than 200m between the 2 properties. It seems that the test came back with too much signal loss (I think they said 80db and limit was 55db?).
>
> The overriding weirdness of this is that adjacent properties have failed the test. Both properties are brand new (less than 1 year old) and built by the same contractor.
>
> Has anyone heard of this happening before?
>
> Plusnet now tell me that they will resubmit both myself and my "failed" neighbour again to see if that makes a difference - WHY WOULD IT! Then they would take the issue up with their BT Account manager.
>
> Does anyone else have any advice on how to sort this out?
>
> Thanks

It depends upon the line quality, and the further you are from the exchange, the more it depends upon the line quality. Also, there may be an amplifier in the line close downstream to you, which is preventing you from ever getting ADSL.

It's just tough luck really.
--
Skonko!
N/A

If you get on with your neigbour there is no need to worry. Slit the cost and install a router like the usr 8000(think?) which you plug the modem into and run a rj45 lead from his house to yours into network card. access granted.(same results can be gleamed from setting his pc as a proxy with something like winroute and connecting trough a hub)
N/A

> If you get on with your neigbour there is no need to worry. Slit the cost and install a router like the usr 8000(think?) which you plug the modem into and run a rj45 lead from his house to yours into network card. access granted.(same results can be gleamed from setting his pc as a proxy with something like winroute and connecting trough a hub)

There's no way I'm going to share my connection!!!

Why?? Because Andrews just been enabled. Good old BT.

So I'm enabled, Andrews enabled and the house between us has failed again!!