cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BB+ Speed is Massively better this Evening (peak time)...

N/A

So far this evening I have done several speed tests using both the PlusNet and the ThinkBroadband speedtesters - and I've measured variously between 4.2~6.5Mbps.

This is hugely better than the recent weeks, where speeds have been anything between 30~512Kbps (most often 128~256Kbps).

It's worth noting that I currently appear to be connected to PlusNet's newly added gateway at their end.

Perhaps if you're still suffering speed problems it might be worth disconnecting routers/modems from the internet, for 5~10 minutes, then reconnecting - and this may need to be done more than just once (perhaps at intervals of a few hours). This way the number of connections should spread out evenly over the different gateways (load balancing).

This is all presuming that the new gateway is alleviating the speed issue (and that they havn't just temporarily switched off their traffic management).
3 REPLIES
N/A

My speeds were better yesterday evening.

Let's hope it continues.
N/A

Data speeds are still holding up extremely well tonight, throughout the peak period - I'm not seeing any real dip, and getting 5-6+Mbps.

I'm very pleased/relieved that things appear (fingers crossed) to be back to normal - but I'm still left somewhat gobsmacked as to how bad things get when PlusNet get it all wrong.

The downside for PlusNet is that I've spent some considerable amount of time looking around at alternative ISPs - some of which appear to be very good performers, and also offer better account options to suit my usage patterns - e.g. PAYG style, no traffic shaping or capping, but a lower base cost with higher base inclusive amount.
N/A

sounds like your getting the speeds on BB+ and PAYG are now suffering...like moi !!!