cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ADSL disconnectes when the phone rings

N/A

Any sugestions before I start changing phone lines.
Its not a pc problem as it happens on both pcs.

Im using a samsung usb modem

I assume its just a poor phone line but not sure how to check
4 REPLIES
BoneMan
Grafter

RE: My ADSL disconnectes when the phone rings

> My ADSL disconnectes when the phone rings
>
> Any sugestions before I start changing phone lines.

Could be non-existent/non-working filters or possibly probs. with the phone wiring but I'm not an expert. Suggest you repost your prob. on a forum on http:/www.adslguide.org.uk/ where there a plenty of experienced folks used to solving this kind of thing.

BoneMan
N/A

> > My ADSL disconnectes when the phone rings
> >
> > Any sugestions before I start changing phone lines.
>
> Could be non-existent/non-working filters or possibly probs. with the phone wiring but I'm not an expert. Suggest you repost your prob. on a forum on http:/www.adslguide.org.uk/ where there a plenty of experienced folks used to solving this kind of thing.
>
> BoneMan
> hiya most likely to be your filter you should have the phone plugged in to the filter on one side and the pc on the other.i tried mine without a filter and the phone would not ring in yet at my old house it would ring but if there was a download running it would slowly drop in speed to nothing.do you have another phone and filter you can try,also try plugging the pc directly into a filter without using extension cables good luck stevie

--
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi there,

Just so you have a third opinion :-)

This is normally the symptom of using ADSL without a micro-fitter installed. If you have one, and have tested it with a replacement filter, then please log this via contact us and we will raise the issue with BT.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

Many thanks for the above help.
Id already had a good mess with two microfilters before posting...but while looking for this post I found a possible answer...my old cordless phone may not be coompatible...just tried a fixed (ona a wire) phone and rang out while my adsl stayed connected...yippeee Shocked)

I will ow have to wait and see what happens with incoming calls, but it looks like this may solve the problem.

Next problem...what do I do with the old cordless phone...garden ornament perhaps ;o)
--
Jonathan Webb