cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multipule broadband connections

N/A

I have a Linksys wireless router connected to the internet with my main PC hooked up with a network cable allowing me to use my work laptop wirelessly. I do a lot of remote reports by logging my laptop onto my head office sever by using dial up
but some times the reports take solong to generate that my conection drops.
I have asked them about being able to use my broadband conection and i am told that i should beable to but would have to reconfigure my router to VPR (presume it means virtual private network) and by doing so i would not then beable to connect the internet to surf.
Is it posible to connect another broadband modem at a different phone socket in the house using a filter and then connect to the internet at the same time?? or should the question be:- is it posible to split a broadband connection into 2 Huh?? one 2 my head office network and another to surf.
thanks
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You can only have one ADSL Modem / router connected to the one phone line at any one time.
With a router tthough you can have many PCs connected to the net over that one line and all surfing different sites.
N/A

Although it depends on their VPN configuration, you should be able to program your router to set up a secure tunnel across the internet to their network, which will not impede normal internet access.

This is the way I telework.

regards

Roy
N/A

That is very helpful. I have managed to get my company to do this and now i can work on my laptop whilst surfing is still possible on my main PC.
thanks for your help