cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple smtp without multiple IP

N/A

Two computers here, both wishing to have SMTP mail, thus both wanting port 25. How can it be set up so that works when behind a router?

One cannot be used as a main SMTP server as it's two people sharing and they don't want it that way.

I know the router can be set to work with multiple IP addresses, but my request for multiple IP addresses was denied, so I guess there must be some way to set it up?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Unfortunatly not.

Without multiple IPs, only one computer can listen to port 25 by port forwarding.
N/A

Thought as much. Well I have added to my ticket and hopefully they will allow me multiple IPs. I can't see that having a home account stops you being able to have them?

Later we might want to look at individually web hosting too, once again, I guess something that will need two IPs. (Although that is possibly more for when upload speed increases)
the_norris
Grafter

Hi nightkind

Did you get your extra IPs on a home account? As i'm looking for this option. Systems Tester - Got my own SMTP/webserver - bee need another web server runing both need port 80.

Thanks

Phil
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Just curious, but why do you need two SMTP servers, when one correctly configured server would handle as much mail / domains as you wish?
Cloudmaster
Grafter

I can't see that having a home account stops you being able to have them?

It's the fact that they're very scarce that's stopping you from having them (without a very good reason)