cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple IP addresses possible

N/A

Is it possible to have e.g. two external IP addresses? The reason I ask is that I was hoping to be able to have an addiational PC in a DMZ using my new router, which would be able to be accessed via the internet.

Our current account is: PlusNet Business Premier up to 8Mb

I know that Zen seem to easily offer 8 IP addresses, for only a small extra charge.

Thanks

(p.s. our settings show:

.84 Gateway Address
.85 address for router
.86 spare address
.87 Broadcast Address

...but I assume .86 is not actually available for separate use (.87 being our main external ip address)
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi astomatt,

You can request an 8 block of IPs which will allow you 5 spare addresses, free of charge. Please complete the RIPE form at http://usertools.plus.net/ripe and send the completed form in to us on a ticket.
N/A

Wow, that easy - fantastic, thanks!
N/A

how to setup 2 block ip

I am confused on what equipment and what setup is required to use 2 block ip. What I wish to do is assign one PC with a IP which is broadcasted to the net and another pc with a different IP broadcasted instead of having both PC's witht he same IP. Anyone know how to do this?
N/A

You dont say what you are using the pcs for if its a differant service you just forward port. IE if you wanted a web sever forward port 80 to that pc and a ftp forward port 21 to that there is no need for extra ip.s
N/A

The reaon I want another Ip for a seperate Pc is not for ports or anything related. therefore the reason why i wish to use this spare IP that I was given for another, but need to know how to do so.