cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Outlook Mail accounts

N/A

Is there a easy way to set up 2 seperate accounts with the @smith.plus.com
address apparantly I can put anything before the @smith.plus.com. What I want is 2 accounts
account1@smith.plus.com
account2@smith.plus.com

At the moment each account gets both users mail, probably because it does not matter what you put in front of the @smith.plus.com

Any help / advice / suggestions as always appreciated.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Its easy enough to setup as the user just logs on with the accountname + user name. If you log on with the acount name then you get everything so there is the backup you can get to their email if they are away or anything.

They can also get it on the portal as there is a box to right to enter the users mail box.

I assume you want to set up one account per profile and not both accounts on the one outlook(this is possable as well)
Community Veteran

See http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?vfzo51T9UtU%3D which explains how to setup separate email accounts on plusnet for your domain and how to access the individual accounts via an email client.

If you have not setup separate mailboxes for your domain then all mail will go to the default mailbox. If both your outlook users just use username and password to login to pick up the mail it will just get the mail from the default mailbox which will include mail for the 2 email accounts.
N/A

Are you talking about the XP login user ID ??
I guestsI then need to set up the account in outlook for that user. Currently the user ID configured in outlook that plusnet gave me to login to the pop3 server is the same for both users - I don't see that I can change that. In outlook I have configured seperate .pst data files in different loactions but I am still not sure on how to just get me mail and not mail sent to both users.....
Cheers.
Community Veteran

I'm talking about the POP3 login, not the XP login.

Read the link which explains what to do to setup separate mailboxes for the 2 names you want on PlusNets webmail system (basically click on the email settings link on the left). Once you have the 2 mailboxes created you can setup outlook for each of your users using the following POP3 login details (assuming the 2 email accounts you created were account1 and account2):

XP user 1
login: username+account1
pass: whatever password you assigned when you created the mailbox

XP user 2
login: username+account2
pass: whatever password you assigned when you created the mailbox

Then when XP user 1 logs into XP and runs outlook they will only pick up email for account1. Simiarly XP user 2 will only pickup email for account2.

Remember, you still need to access your default mailbox at frequent intervals so one of you need to have an email account setup in outlook to download email from:

login: username
pass: your default password

Which is basically what you are doing now.
N/A

Gotcha ..... sound good I will try it.
Thanks for your help.
N/A

Multiple profiles for each XP user.

You don't have to set up seperate users in XP to have multiple Outlook profiles if you don't want to.

Within a single XP user you can set up different Profiles in Outlook. Right click on Outlook and under Properties go to Show Profiles and then add a new one for each of your mailboxes. (You will have to create the settings for each of them.)

I have a couple of different mailboxes (one for private and one for the default) and an old dial-up profile set up and they work a treat.

My other half, who is a seperate XP user, also has 2 Outlook profiles (Plusnet + Old dial-up).

When you launch Outlook it will give you the option of which profile you want to access. Your mail, contacts etc. will all be unique to each profile.

Hope this helps.