cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Plus!

N/A

Moving to Plus!

A mate of mine is thinking of moving to plus to get 2meg. They currently pay far too much for a crappy wanpoo service.

Just a few Q's from them:

Will they get conected to 2meg strait away? the bt checker says ther fine for 2meg.

What information do they need to get from wanadoo?

When should they apply before or after cancelign the wandooooo account? as they are anctios to avoid downtime.

Ill edit any more q's they have in. Thanks.
11 REPLIES
N/A

Moving to Plus!

What ever they do dont let them cancel the account with wanapoo, they need to ask for a MAC key and migrate. Otherwise they will be stuck with having to pay for the line to be activated again. I know plusnet are doing free activations at the moment, but your friend will have to pay the money back if they decide to go to another isp in the next 5 years.

Andy.
N/A

Moving to Plus!

Really, the 5 years thing is a bit suspect. Can any one tell me how much the charge would be if they wanted to change?
N/A

Moving to Plus!

N/A

Moving to Plus!

Migrations are free and the 5 year clause does not apply.

This only applies when a customer wants a new activation. The normal charge of £58.75 is absorbed by Plus Net. Should you leave plus net then you will be penalised on a downward sliding scale from year 1 to year 5. The amount works out at just over £11 per year.

Migrations are still free but subject to a £14.99 fee should you leave within the first year.
N/A

Moving to Plus!

So will they get put onot 2 meg strait away. There hopeing to go for the premier upto 2meg avccount.
N/A

Moving to Plus!

If their line can support 2mb then yes that seems to be what is happening at the moment.
LiamM
Grafter

Moving to Plus!

Actually I dont think this is the case is it?

They have to migrate in on the same product... so if they're on 512k now, then they will be when they reach Plusnet. Then it's a case of awaiting the free regrade, or paying £14.99?

Or am I wrong?
N/A

Moving to Plus!

I think you may be right Liam now that i think about it..

All of the new accounts that we have signed up this week have been provided at 2mb but they have been new activations not migrations.

@nurserycottage ignore my previous post. I reckon Liam is right. Apologies for adding to the confusion.
N/A

Moving to Plus!

No Liam, you are correct.

There would be no immediate speed upgrade when migrating. Only if you are willing to pay for it.
N/A

Moving to Plus!

By imidiate do you mean ever, or would it be a matter of weeks/months.?

Thanks for the info saves reading pages of terms and conditions that might of put them off.

So corect me if i'm wrong, they can migrate for free but once on plusnet they will have to pat 14.99 to be upgraded to 2meg?
N/A

Moving to Plus!

All plus net customers on current products will be able to avail of the free upgrades as and when BT get around to doing the work. For an indication of where your exchange fits into the upgrade process see here. Simply enter your details in the box and your exchange info will be displayed.

In the main most people shouldnt have to wait too long, providing the phoneline can support the higher speeds.