cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house.

N/A

Moving house.

Hey everyone, i live in a student house in sheffield. After 2 happy years with PlusNet we are moving to a new house in sheffield and want to stay with the service. I have seen that we will need to pay a transfer fee, which should be fine.

The problem is we leave for a holiday to Thailand for a month on June 11th, we will all be moving out of the house, and we have to have the phone disconnected, the contract on our current house does not run out till July 1st (the contract for our new house starts on the same day). I'm assuming the people currently living in our new house will have their phones disconnected also. Just wondering what the best way of getting this all arranged is, as we bascially don't want any problems!

Any advice on the best way to solve this?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Moving house.

Noone got any ideas on this? I am just going to have to disconnect and then start a new account at my new house?
Community Veteran

Moving house.

I think that the best way to deal with this would be to get your account downgraded to a Pay as You Go one and then when you finaly get back to something like stability at a new address re install broadband.

It will cost you a new install fee but it should be the least hassle way to do it.
N/A

Moving house.

So if i downgrade to pay as you go, and then get out telephone line disconnected (which we will have to do in about a week), and then get a new phone line connected up at our new house (in a few months time when i move back to sheffield), my account with plus net will still be active? So i would just have to pay the moving house fee when i want the account moving to my new house?

Is all this correct?
N/A

Moving house.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Will my plus net account stay active if the line it is on is disconnected?
Community Veteran

Moving house.

Yes your account will stay active for 3 months even if you don't use it at all.
(just collecting email will trigger another 3 months if you need it)
when you get settled at the new premises then you will need to pay for a new installation of ADSL.