cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

N/A

Moving house

Hi,

I'm about to move to a newly built house in the next month and want to keep my broadband with Plusnet. Obviously there is no phone line at the house at present so I will need to arrange this with BT neaer to my completion date, but what do I need to do for the plusnet side of things? Do I need to pay the installation/activation fee again?

Anything I should be warey of?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Chris
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Moving house

Cick on Account Details (on the left under My Account) then click on Move my ADSL. This explains what will happen, how long it normally takes and when payment of £64.63 for moving is due.

Are you sure your new property can get ADSL? Have you confirmed this with BT?
N/A

Moving house

The account needs to be in your name at both addresses and yes, you do have to pay the activation fee again. Other than that I found it all to be fairly painless.

When I clicked the "move" button, my ADSL was disconnected within 24 hours and it was up and running at my new address in about ten days. Dial-up access remained during that time and there were no problems with my domain or anything. (I guess there shouldn't be, but you never can tell!)

--> Stephen
N/A

Moving house

Thanks for the advice!

I'm assuming that I can get ADSL at the new address, I will be very disappointed if I can't get it. It's hard to tell as it hasn't finished being built yet so can't get BT involved at the moment. When I can I am going to order the new line and express the fact it will be intended to be used as an ADSL line and keep my fingers crossed.

:?

Chris
N/A

Moving house

You ought to be able to get the post code for the new house now.

Use to find out if Boradband is available.

Good luck, my mate in a new house on the edge of town is ouside the broadband limit.

Fingers crossed!

Jeff
N/A

Moving house

Yeah i was going 2 move last year but the house deal fell through. I checked with bt via the postcode thing. And it was active. But i did not move i am glad damm parents want 2 move all the time
N/A

Moving house

Hi,

You ought to be able to get the post code for the new house now.

As a word of caution, I have been informed that this comes with roughly a 10% margin of error. (Though I must confess my experiences so far have been better than this). It is possible to have two buildings that are in the same postcode but using different exchanges (and hence have rather different tail lengths).

Regards,
D'Essen
N/A

Moving house

I am too moving. Unfortunately its back to my parents. This is just a month though and then i wil be moving out again,. However, i do not think i can do without my broadband for a month so i will probably have to pay twice. however, the phone line from the place i am moving from is in my name but the line i am moving to is in my fathers' name. I undestand that the line has to be registered in the same name. is there a way round this?
N/A

Moving house

It doesn't need to be registered in the same name. Only the address you signup with needs to match that for the line you wish to use (checks are not performed on every order, but it sure does catch you out when they do).

My account is in my name, whilst the line is in my Mums name.

Provided you pay, there will be no issues Tongue