cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house - new number not recognised

N/A

I've just requested with BT to transfer my line to a new address (in a different part of the country). As I need my broadband for work purposes I have asked that the transfer not take place until next friday (18th) on the basis it will take 7 days to transfer the broadband connection. Fine.

I've now tried to transfer my Plusnet broadband, but there is a problem. The new number is supposedly not enabled for broadband. As the new address is within 5 minutes walk of Exeter city centre (and I've checked that exchange is enabled) I can't believe that technically it isn't possible and that the problem is actually due to it being a new, not currently enabled number. Seeing the problems other people were having with plusnet moving house I tried with other providers (inc BT) but they provide the same response. I don't want to have to wait for 7 days after the new number is enabled, and the old defunct, to get my broadband working again (and effecively paying for 7 days of no use). As I know when the new number will be enabled is there anyway round this, or am I stuck in an automated form hell?
1 REPLY
N/A

The only way is perhaps to at least have a dial up connection until it is enabled. I moved house and dumped my last ISP, and waited a week or so before starting up with Plusnet. They advised me to wait at least 4 days.