cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house & ADSL

N/A

Moving house & ADSL

Can someone kindly update me on the favoured option for transferring an ADSL connection on moving house? In December there was a thread here about the problems, and the Forum moderator said that in the New Year BT planned to run a 'Home Movers' trial with a view to streamlinining the procedure. Has there been any advance on this? If I can arrange to transfer my phone no. to the new address does this help or hinder the process?
Any pointers about the best way to proceed would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Moving house & ADSL

I moved house a few months back and it was pretty simple.

just went to the 'move my adsl' link in the 'Account details' and filled in my new phone number and address and all was fine and done within 5 days or so
Community Veteran

Moving house & ADSL

One Q, are you sure you can get ADSL at your new house? If this is unknown you need to check if it is.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Moving house & ADSL

From the posts in the past, a reprovide seems less problematic for a new number than a number you're taking with you.

I moved a year ago without any probs (new number).

I'm sure there'll be posts to say otherwise though.
N/A

Moving house and ADSL

BT say that I can transfer my existing phone no. They also say that the line at the address I'm moving to is already activated for ADSL - though I'm a little sceptical about this as the present occupiers are not online. Assuming however that the line is already activated, and that BT switch the phone no., am I right in thinking that, having moved, all I have to do is plug in the router + filters - and that's it? And that in this scenario no fee is involved?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving house & ADSL

Hi,

If the present occupiers of the place you are moving to have ADSL then this will be cancelled by BT when they move out. We won't be able to place an order on the line until this cancellation has completed.

Additionally if you take the same phone number with you when you move then it will add a delay of approximately a week in reactivating the service at the new property. The reason for this is that ADSL orders are processed by phone number rather than line. This means we have to wait for the ADSL service at the old property to cancel before we can place the order at the new property.