cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home, what about ISP?

pgudge
Grafter

I know most people dont move ISP's becuase of the hassle it is these days with migration and downtime ect.

However I am moving homes within the next week, if you had a chance to start fresh would you still with PlusNet, or move along for pastures green?

New location is 1.4km from Exchange, so pretty much guarenteed 2mb, no LLU ISP's so that aint an option.

Currently on 1mb Premier. £19.49 (inc referals)

Thanks.
6 REPLIES
N/A

well, New home new start. How was your service with plusnet ( speeds ect ) did u raise any tickets, how quick were they answerd. for plusnet to provide a cease and reprovide its gonna cost ya. they done it for me turned off my old house and turned on my new house then turned it off again. but they turned it back on again about 5 days later. read ther fourms and you decide what are your options. is there no cable provider. there is alot of ISP's out there the choice is yours.
pgudge
Grafter

PlusNet have been borderline perfect, for me. I have had numerous speed issues, with PlusNet, but they could have been with anyone I suppose.

Its just all the new limits, and quotas flying about, just wondered if they were going to a pain. The new limits I say other day were something like 100GB then you get throttles, but I have never gone over 75GB since I been on BB. The price is ok for me also, not breaking the bank.

Just a general, is there anyone out there as Good or better than PlusNet.

Plus PlusNet only charge about £6 to move home dont they.

gudge
N/A

i wish it was something like 40 quid then i had to argue with them for being charged while i was off line even though they said this happens during a cease and re-provide if u do decide to go with plusnet and the same happens to you have a bit moan about your down time and your payin for a service u havent got. i got my payment date moved 2 weeks which i thought wasnt bad.. other than these speed problems. i have not had another problem with plusnet. any problems/ questions i have / had were answerd or resolved. il swing with the tree for now to see if its given a shake... :roll:
LiamM
Grafter

When you move you'll get 2Mb if supported, which it sounds like it is.

If you're not affected by the SUP, I'd say stay. Where else can you get a 2Mb connection for £19.49/month?
N/A

Everyone is affected by the SUP.

The system to prevent heavy usage by the few has instead penalised the many.

Usenet, p2p etc are all throttled.

Do yourself a favour and spend an extra fiver on an unthrottled isp.

See if you can guess which one I like.
N/A

is it aol tony :lol: