cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home - ADSL transfer same day?

N/A

Since I'm moving home later this month I've been looking at the BT website and I've found this in the homemover section:

If you do not have Broadband service with BT and you are moving home and would like to transfer your broadband service to your new premises you will need to organise both your new telephone line and your broadband service separately.

You can do this in any order, you will be given a unique reference number by the first contact, please take a note of this as this will be used to match up both orders.

You will need to contact your service provider to organise the transfer of your broadband service.

You should do this at least five working days before your move.

Most service providers will aim to provide broadband on the same day that your telephone line is activated providing that enough notice is given (this is normally at least five working days - check the exact requirements with your service provider). There are some criteria that you will need to meet to be eligible for this process but your service provider will be able to confirm this with you.

So are PlusNet one of the "most service providers" who can transfer my broadband the same day I move? The "Move My ADSL" page on the portal makes no mention of this quicker way of doing things.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Don't know about the PlusNet aspect, but are you going to be in the same exchange area?
N/A

Nope, Poplar to Albert Dock.
N/A

Pity, that would have made things a lot easier! All I can say, then, is get the order in for a BT line as soon as possible. If the property already has, or had, a phone line, then the charges will be less than for a new property.

I have seen some stories of people having to wait until the new line is working before ADSL can be ordered, so you are right to seek advice beforehand.
N/A

I did ask about this a couple of weeks ago on ADSL Guide (indirectly. It was in responce to ifnorming somebody else of the procedure).

The reply at the time was that there where no current plans to join it, because of the huge work overhead it creates.

I can't be sure of the position now though.

IIRC, it is because of the way PlusNet need to interact with the customer, that causes the overhead. Normaly a provisioning department deal with all manual orders, but they don't interact directly with the customer.

This causes a problem, due to the short time-frames in whcih this order number can be applied.
N/A

I have just gone through the moving house process again.
I talked to BT about it and they asked specifically about broadband and if I was going to use it.
when I mentioned I had dsl already, they said just give your ISP the reference number and they can usually have it setup for you when the new line is activated.

raised a ticket with plusnet only to be told thats not the case and a cease and reprovide has to be done which takes 7-10 days
So I had to wait until the new line is activated and then raise the move my adsl request.
It would have been so nice to have broadband moved and working at the same time.

shame really, I'll most likely miss out on my weekly xbox session this weekend Sad
no online Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon 2 for me.
N/A

I raised a ticket asking this question (as in my original post) and got the response that I should go to the "Move My ADSL" page and fill in my details... Slightly missing the point of the question!