cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT Openworld to Plus.net

N/A

Hi,

Maybe someone here whos had experience ceasing an ADSL account and moving to Plus.net can help me because I just keep getting told to contact BT when I contact Plus.net customer support.

I have cancelled my BT Openworld account and received a letter and e-mail stating that the ADSL connection would be ceased on 12/06/03. Just as expected I could no longer connect to BT Openworld on the 12th.

I then contacted Plus.net saying that the BT connection had been ceased and asking for my ADSL account to be activated, yet I keep getting told by Plus.net that there are conflicting products on my line and they cannot place an order and I should contact BT.

Surely if I can no longer connect to BT Openworld and because they said the account would be ceased on the 12th there shouldn't be conflicting products on my line. Also, if I was to contact BT, what number am I supposed to phone because I am no longer a BT Openworld customer and there must be hundereds of departments at BT themselves.

Simon

p.s I couldn't use the ISP migration option because I was going from BT Openworld Home 500 to Plus.net 1mb Home Worker, so I don't believe migration was an option.
6 REPLIES
Eserim
Rising Star

I went through long calls with BT and another ISp over this topic yesterday - there is a 5 day lock or something on the account before another ISP can start the re-connection.

Don't think it was fully explained to me, but the upshot was if I want to change my work over to cheaper faster +net or another ISP (I talked to Eclipse) there would be a minimum of 10 working days without connection.

CH
N/A

I have sorted the problem, but now BT are requesting that I return the ADSL modem. I paid for installation and have had the minimum 12 month contract, doesn't this mean the modem is mine?

Has anyone else had to return their ADSL modem after ending a contract with BT Openworld?
N/A

Yes, you are obligated under your contract to return the modem from a engineer/non-wires only package.

The cost of the package, and the increased monthly subscription covers rental.

You are advised to purchase your own, and use a wires only package. They may be tedious the first time around, however the hardware is yours, and will mean slightly reduced monthly cost packages.
N/A

hmm if i choose to leave +net do i have to give the usb modem back?Huh
Ianwild
Grafter

hmm if i choose to leave +net do i have to give the usb modem back?Huh

No... Hardware purchased with one of our starter packs is yours. The only exception is if you signup for a BT Installed product, in which case the modem still belongs to BT. Very few people signup for this product now as the initial activation fee is £246.75!

Regards,
N/A

Shocked shocking price, but :d well done +net for gi`ing me a modem. not that i can get it working for longer than 10 mins, probably my mobo though so im not complaining Cheesy cheers, ill flog it when i get me router muahaha :twisted: