cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from AOL

N/A

Moving from AOL

A friend of mine is currently with AOL broadband (he's a fool, he really is, he's had nothing but trouble from them).
His 12 month contract ran out this month and he is looking to move to PlusNet (recommendations from me Wink)

How much would it cost him to transfer over and how much downtime would he be expecting?

Thanks in advance Smiley
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving from AOL

Hi,

The migration fee is £35+VAT, check out the migration FAQ here.

So long as the migration is accepted by AOL (which is the hard part) then the process takes around 3-4 weeks from start to finish however the downtime is limited to around 30 minutes or so on the migration date.
powerhouse
Dabbler

Moving from AOL

hi! well, your friend wont regret migrating from aol to plus net. like me. been on aol dial up for years, have recently upgraded to aol broadband... had too much headache with them which at one point, have prompted me to fax my problem to aol's general manager. tentative problem sorted out.. was moved from broadband to dialup subscription... then, afterwards, migrated to plus.. and now, im a happy man with plus Wink
N/A

Moving from AOL

Thanks for that. I had given him horror stories of him being without internet for 2 weeks and what have you. He wasn't too pleased.

Oh well, he should be happy again now Cheesy