cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving adsl connection when moving house?....

N/A

I currently live with parents and have the home telephone line broadband enabled and im on the 512 home package paying £22.99.

I shall be moving out next week to a new property, and would like to keep my broadband connection and was wondering how I go about getting the connection transfered to teh new place?

Any ideas, experiences?
5 REPLIES
N/A

it's a total cease and reprovide - i could be wrong but ADSL lines cannot be turned off at one location ad then on at another -

I may be wrong... ?
N/A

It will be a total cease and reprovide, unless your parents want to keep the existing DSL line and account.
If they don't, go to "move my ADSL" in the Account Details section of the portal and start your request going when you are sure of your moving date.
Of course, check your new postcode is within a DSL reach area first.
N/A

ok thanks, will do that, does anyone know if there are charges?, i mean is there going to be like a connection fee or something?
Community Veteran

The Move My DSL page says there is a charge of £64.63 inc VAT for moving. Read what that page says as it contains important info about the new phone line.

Also remember if your new phone line fails the ADSL test (even if the BT postcode checker says you can have ADSL) you can't have ADSL fitted. I think you shoudl be refunded if that situation occurs.
keithcalder
Grafter

I recently moved and it took BT 3 weeks to get my service back, which in theory should have taken no more than 7 days, an of course no apology for the delay in re-providing the service from BT, funny how the payments are never late in being taken from ones account though. Smiley