cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House

N/A

Moving House

I having having to move house, due to a job change, and therefore will be moving my ADSL. I am concerned that I will be moving to an area which can't receive ADSL, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a way which I can find out for sure that ADSL will work at a property before I buy it?

I have tried BT's postcode checker on a few properties I am considering buying, but they only seem to say that I should be able to receive up to 2Mb. (1Mb would be fine!) Obviously I will know when I get a BT line set up in the new house, but by then it will be too late!

There surely must be a way to find out for sure, as I will be a bit cheesed off if I have spent all that money on a new house and not have my ADSL working!
2 REPLIES
N/A

Moving House

Sorry. There is no way, other than a ADSL order that will tell you if the line is able to get ADSL or not.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Moving House

ADSL is increasingly something that people are looking for when they're moving house.

You can always try and ask the estate agent (but then we all know what they're like) or if the people are in whose house your looking round, ask them.