cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House and ADSL

N/A

Moving House and ADSL

Hi, I'm currently using BT installed ADSL and my first year will be up in December. It looks like I'll be moving house in a few months, half a mile down the road.

I know I'm liable for the costs for the remainder of the 12 months, which is fair enough.

Can I cancel my existing contract in September and pay the balance up to December, or will the people who buy my house have to jump through hoops to have ADSL removed in December?

Can I then buy a modem and have self install keeping the same username?

How long will I have to wait after moving house to have self install installed??

Thanks
Shaun
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Moving House and ADSL

Bad news I am afraid as this happened to me. When you move house even in our cases which was 1/2 mile and at the same exchange and in my case the same number you will still LOOSE ADSL. You will have to honour the end of your existing contract with BT which can be either paid off immediatly or continue with the existing payment plan in place. Should you want PlusNet ADSL then it is a new order.

The reason I went with PlusNet in the first place was that BT completly screwed up my change of address that I finally had to move providers as they couldn't get their act together.
N/A

ADSL is provided on BT lines. This closure and re-provision of ADSL when you move is how BT work.

Kind regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support .................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> ADSL is provided on BT lines. This closure and re-provision of ADSL when you move is how BT work.
>
Thanks, however that doesn't completely answer my question - can I cancel my account after only 9 months, and settle the next 3 months' fees, or do I have to wait until the 12 months is up?

If so could I then arrange a new install but with the same username at the new address?

Thanks
Shaun