Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home

retrospek
Dabbler

Moving Home

Hi all,

I've had a look at the 'moving home' section of the portal and think I understand what I need to do and when I need to do it.

However, I guess it doesn't hurt to just check I am getting this right :roll:

I'm moving house on the 27th July. My phone line will be disconnected from the old house and reconnected at the new house on the 27th by BT. I am taking my existing phone number with me (as I'm only moving a few streets away)..

So my understanding is:

- I cannot do anything with Plusnet until the 27th July (as the current phone line in the new house is not in my name)...

- On the 27th I need to complete the 'moving house' part of the portal.

- I then need to wait at least 14 days before the new ADSL will be set-up (as it takes longer because I am taking the number)...

So by the looks of it I shall be without ADSL for a minimum period of 14 days (this wait is going to kill me :shock: ). However, I presume I can still use the normal dial-up number during this time..

I shall also want to try and upgrade from a 512 to 2mb line once I have moved. However, I presume I should get ADSL set-up in the new house first before I attempt to get the line upgrade to 2mb ??

Sorry for what may be stupid questions - but I'm trying to ensure I have the minimum amount of downtime when I move house...

Thanks,

Mark
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Moving House

Hey Mark

Yes you will be without the internet for around that 14 days. Which is so much fun for us people who just LOVE and NEED broadband!

And on the subject of getting an upgrade when moving, get 512K first, at least you'd then know u can get it. then apply for 2mb so ull have bb access till then.

If u just put in an order for 2mb and it said "tough" then u'd be further without bb service.

I work for BT, I should know!

Craig
N/A

Moving Home

You can use the Plust Dial up service to keep going while you wait for your connection to be sorted.

It's a pay as you use service, charged at 1P per min.
N/A

Moving Home

Your assumptions look right. You cannot do anything until the number is fully transferred to the new house and in your name.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Moving Home

Hi Mark,

The best way to do this is to arrange the move 7 days before the number is transferred to the new property, i.e. tomorrow.
The reason for this is that we can arrange for the cease to complete on the day you move out, this should then mean that the provide should complete about 7 days after you move in so you only have about 7 days of downtime.
retrospek
Dabbler

Moving Home

Thanks Everyone....

I shall follow the 'moving home' process from tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mark