cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving ADSL, has it gone pear shaped?

N/A

Hi All,

Last Friday (8th of April) I submitted a request to move my ADSL (by using the Move ADSL tool) to our new house. The BT line at our new place was all in place prior to submitting the move, and is a seperate service/number to the phone service at our old place (but both are in my name, as is the ADSL service).

When I click on the Move ADSL tool now, it keeps telling me the current status of my move is:

Billed for reprovide, cease sent and provide sent.

However, the due date for completion just seems to keep incrementing each day! It started off stating the 16th of April and now it's up to the 20th of April!?

Is this normal? Should I have expected to see a change in the status by now and is the fact the due date just keeps increasing by 1 day, each day a concern? I know BT will be flat out with all the speed re-grade requests now but I'm worried my order hasn't gone through properly (having never done this before).

Any thoughts are most welcome!

Cheers,
Graham
7 REPLIES
N/A

Shortly after I made this post, the status changed to:
Process started, new house details stored.

The request due date has also gone blank now, but it looks like somethings happening anyway. Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

If you want to be certain, either raise a ticket through the link:Contact US system, or give PN a call on 0845 1400200, they should be able to tell you what the exact status is of the ADSL on the new line.
N/A

Thanks Liam, I think I might have to raise a ticket.. just had a look at the status again and it's gone back to:

Billed for reprovide, cease sent and provide sent. With a due date of the 21st of April 2005. Looks like I'm back where I started. Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

I would recommend ringing them in this case, just to be certain something's not broken. You may see a delay in ticket response time what with all the regrade orders currently going through. You should get an almost-instant response over the phone.
N/A

Ooops, raised a ticket between my last post and your reply. Oh well, I'll give them a day to respond to the ticket and then I'll give them a call. Cheesy Thanks for your thoughts Liam.
LiamM
Grafter

Sounds fair.... though don't worry if you do ring them, because they can simply respond to the ticket you've already raised. All calls are logged in return tickets anyway.
N/A

Good tip Liam, I'll give them a call when I get home from work.

I would have felt a bit pushy about calling them after raising an online ticket, but seeing as though they won't end up addressing it twice, there's no reason not to! Cheesy

Cheers,
Graham