cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving ADSL Problems...

N/A

Moving ADSL Problems...

Two weeks ago I moved house and took my PlusNet ADSL account with me.

However I am still unable to connect to my ADSL account...

The moving ADSL order was finally completed on Friday however I am still unable to connect, and the "Contact Us" system seems to be taking ages to deal with it (although that might just be because I am fed up with paying for a dial up connectionat the same time as paying for my broadband)

The ADSL is synchronising fine, and I can connect to bt_test@startup_domain and view the assocaited page. However I cannot connect as either kemps@plus.net or bt_test_user@adsl_connection_realm.

there is some superficial damage to the BT master socket in the house (caused when we moved in) but becuase I can use the phone and connect to BT I assume this cannot be connected to the problem...

I am using a Dlink G604T which I also used before I moved and am connecting as:
PPPoA
Encapsulation - VC
VPI - 0
VCI - 38
QoS - UBR

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
7 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

Moving ADSL Problems...

Its just posssible your login has been changed to plusdsl.net .
craigbrass
Grafter

Moving ADSL Problems...

Odd, I was under the impression ONLY @plusdsl.net worked.

Try kemps@plusdsl.net and your password and see if that works.
N/A

Moving ADSL Problems...

I have tried the kemps@plusdsl.net as my login, but this doesn't work either... also my connection details still list kemps@plus.net as my login (I have had broadband with plusnet since 2001, they only changed it to plusdsl.net in 2002...

Any other ideas?
N/A

Moving ADSL Problems...

After your suggestion I decided to retry the kemps@plusdsl.net suggestion... and much to my surprise I now have a working ADSL connection....

Thanks for all you help!
craigbrass
Grafter

Moving ADSL Problems...

No problem m8. Looks like my assumption that only @plusdsl.net works was correct.
N/A

Moving ADSL Problems...

Maybe! I wish PlusNet had told me as I have had broadband with them for the last 4 years and the login has always been kemps@plus.net...

Guess they must have changed it when I movewd this time...
mike001
Grafter

Moving ADSL Problems...

Mine has changed 4 times back and forth since i joined +net

:shock:

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please don't use ALL of a preceding post as a quote.