cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move other ISP but same problem line???

N/A

i know everything problems with Plusnet, thats link:censored me off, Before June 26th, its everything fine, i used 2mbps for long time, its great so far BUT after june 26th, breakdown, cant use broadband, used dial up now, i give up with Plusnet, move other ISP, signup for ISP, now they told me fault line, they cant replace til Plusnet fixed!!!!, they told me they need MAC code, then i ask Plusnet for MAC code but No link:censored answers!, no link:censored helpful. i believe Plusnet refused give us MAC code! Evil Plusnet want keep us! And Plusnet told me they move us to Tiscali but its same problems, im not understand that, its pathetic!, well, how long for, maybe forever!

Im sorry but Plusnet is very bad service so far!! They are not helpful. Evil

I really know how long forHuh?? Evil

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Please do not deliberately avoid the swear filters. They are there for a reason. Please read the link:rules for further information, thank you.]
15 REPLIES
N/A

i feel your frustion geridunko, see the awful service thread, for more info, I too have been off since the same day, so it seems that this is very much a central problem.

You have come up with an interesting tactic ( swear filter games ) to at least get someone at plus net to look at a post, that seems to be a first over the last month or so, so well done.

does't help with the line I'm afraid, but you have stopped me from going down the same route, so thank you.

I have also got a ( completly ignored at present ) request in for a migration code, if i get it I'll let you know!
Community Veteran

You have come up with an interesting tactic ( swear filter games ) to at least get someone at plus net to look at a post, that seems to be a first over the last month or so, so well done.

The moderators of this forum do not work for PlusNet.
N/A

I too have had enough and regardless of if the issue follows me to another ISP or not am off. Even if I have the same problem when I move ISP's, I cannot see how the service could be any worse.

Just waiting for my MAC code to be issued.

I am hoping that by moving to another ISP that still offers a non-ADSL Max service, I will return to a stable and reliable service - something +NET (and myself) had no problems with until ADSL MAX raised its ugly head.
N/A

The moderators of this forum do not work for PlusNet.

I stand corrected, basic feelings towards PN remain unchanged though, have they all gone on their holidays together? No one seems to be able to get any inormation / comment / help or service. I'm not sure if those last two will become outlawed terms here shortly.
N/A

So sorry to hear you have had problems with PN and getting a Mac Key
I am about to leave PN for BT (going to give them a try)
I asked for a mac key and was sent one within four hours of request
cannot understand why you had a problem
N/A

It's a pity that the service providers themselves don't see these posts - maybe then they'd actually do something to prevent the ever-increasing number of members from leaving to pastures new!
I am so very sick and tired of the poor service provided by PlusNet, and the lack of customer support just adds to my frustration.
Each time i've rung the help line, i get an automated voice which hangs up after telling you there's no service issues.

What makes me angrier, is that I subscribed to PN after being told last October by an independant PC repair shop, that PN was voted best ISP 2005, so naturally, after being stuck on dial-up AOHELL for 5 years, I decided to subscribe. And this is what I get?

Time and time and time again, i am disconnected and that's only when i can get online in the first place! Usually i get repeated error messages (Error 721 the remote computer did not respond), and i give up trying to log on.

It's time PN did something to give it's paying customers some satisfaction - that or refund every damn penny we have paid the robbing gits.
£24.99 odd a month, for the crappest connection ever.

PLUS NET... YOU'RE S**T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N/A

As I understand it plusnet will not be able to provide a mac code unless you are moved back to BTipstream. It will cost £47 to move back. You paid £47 to BT for your broadband connection but when plusnet moved you to LLU you have to pay it again to move back unless you move to another broadband provider that uses the same LLU equipment and is part of the migration trial group. If the provider you want to move to is not part of the trial group you are stuck in limbo.

The answer is quite clear to me. Plusnet have stated that you can be moved free of charge. They are now trying to get out of this statement. Did you receive the two notifications via email. The first telling you that your exchange was due to be LLU'd and the secong notifying you that you would be moved in fourteen days?

Please read this thread:-

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44113
N/A

Does anyone know what happens if you actually CANCEL your subscription with PN and not ask for a MAC?
My year's contract is up in October, and i sure as hell won't be renewing it - I will state that i wish to cancel as soon as the year is up.

But, will I then be able to just subscribe to another Broadband ISP? Is it as simple as that?
I'm really concerned as I make a living via eBaY and couldn't afford to not be online for more than a day or 2, so if anyone can advise, i'd appreciate the forwarning!

Thanks in advance
Sarah
N/A

The service providers do see these forums, they just choose not to reply to questions they find difficult to answer.

If you cancel your subscription it's anyone's guess what plusnet will do.
You can't simply stop a direct bebit as they won't release your mac code. If you have been LLU'd, unless they move you back to BT you can't get a mac code. Read my above post
N/A

What's an LLU?
N/A

LLU is the equipment Tiscali have installed at some BT exchanges which give plusnet a cheaper option than using BT's equipment. It also makes the process of moving to an alternative provider more difficult.
N/A

How can I find out if an LLU has been used on my exchange?
Sorry if I sound thick, i'm relatively new to Broadband, so bear with me please!
Shockedops:
N/A

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php

Enter you phone number and postcode.
Click on LLU xDSL on the resulting page. If it lists Tiscali then you probably have been LLU'd
N/A

Am i right in thinking that i've NOT been "LLU'D"?

Broadband Availability Checker
Summary
BT ADSL
BT SDSL
LLU xDSL
Cable
Wireless
Locality
Check again LLU xDSL presence at your exchange
You are connected to the Tettenhall telephone exchange.

The following table details the availability of LLU services at your location.

Be Unlimited is available in your area
Bulldog is available in your area
Easynet is not yet available in your area
Edge is not yet available in your area
Homechoice is not yet available in your area
Node4 is not yet available in your area
Wanadoo is not yet available in your area
Zen is not yet available in your area