cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Connection problems

N/A

More Connection problems

Hi

After some problems with BT getyting confused when I moved house delaying things for over a month I've finally got ADSL enabled on my line but now I'm having problems establishing a connection. I've got a Dynamode A220 ADSL PCI Modem installed and it appears to be working ok but I can't establish a connection in dial up networking.
Can any one help with the DUN properties settings I should be using please? and should the DNS server settings be entered manually?
Any help gratefully received,
cheers
Bill Divers
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: More Connection problems

What error message are you getting??

N/A

> What error message are you getting??
>
>
>

Hi,
Occasionally 650 and occasionally 645 !!
N/A

> > What error message are you getting??
> >
> >
> >
>
> Hi,
> Occasionally 650 and occasionally 645 !

Sorry if it sounds obvious but make sure you are entering yourusername@plusdsl.net in the user name field, type in 00000 for the number to dial. It's weird that your pci modem hasn't made a dun for you, mine did. Oh yeah, in dun properties, make sure isdn channel is ticked, not 56k modem.

Let us know how it goes
N/A

>
> Sorry if it sounds obvious but make sure you are entering yourusername@plusdsl.net in the user name field, type in 00000 for the number to dial. It's weird that your pci modem hasn't made a dun for you, mine did. Oh yeah, in dun properties, make sure isdn channel is ticked, not 56k modem.
>
> Let us know how it goes

Hi,
Thanks for the reply,
Still relying on 0845 for net access; tech support say there is a fault of some sort at their end which means I can't establish a DUN connection...and so keep getting error 645.
I'm still waiting for them to fix it.......
cheers
Bill