cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Usage

foxwells

Monthly Usage

I have the Easy start package £24.99 per month and wish to know if there is any restiction on my monthly usage as I there seems to be a number of different packages available now which do restrict usage. A further question is does usage only cover the time when you are logged on to pages etc or all the time you are connected to Broadband? For example if you leave it on for 8 hours and unattended and do not surf or receive any e-mails is this logged as zero usage?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Monthly Usage

All existing products have not changed in bandwidth capacity (they are all uncapped), features and price. As a comparison, your package is equivalent to the premier version at your current ADSL speed, minus the anti-spam/anti-virus which the new products have for free. Although I think your easystart has that as well if I remember so it would be exactly the same as premier.

All data transmitted over yoru ADSL line is counted, this includes an unsolicited attempts to scan or access your system. So if during your 8 hour example, someone tried to scan your IP address then that traffic will be included in your usage figures.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Monthly Usage

Hi,

There are no restrictions on the EasyStart account. The only restrictions in place are the included bandwidth limits on the new Broadband Home Lite accounts.
These limits cover data transfer (upload and download) but not hours online.