cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money for Nothing

N/A

Money for Nothing

Right now I am paying money for nothing.

My line has been activated last thursday, my direct debit has begun (same time), and yet my equipment is still 'awaiting despatch'. How long should I expect to wait? Anyone tell me how long they paid for a service they couldn't use?

Plusnet--Can you tell me when my equipment will actually be despatched?

hazydaze
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Money for Nothing

This is just the beginning. From here on you'll find the service just goes down hill. Get out now before its too late.
N/A

Please ignore Adrian Hamling comments, he has been having problems downloading off kazaa so he thinks that is the entrire service. Sure plusnet have just recently had some outages but this was because they have been upgrading the adsl platform, and since they have done this speeds have been better than advertised Cheesy

As for your hardware this should be a one off I got mine the next day after activation. Though I think you might find that they recently ran out of the adsl usb modems (not sure of the others) though they did have more on order. Ether way they will hook you up soon and you will love the service Cheesy most of us do.
N/A

My line was confirmed active on Friday...just waiting on the router starter pack now. Not dispatched yet, but its only Monday, so early days. Smiley

Still, I was hopeful that an ISP as large as PlusNet would keep good stocks of hardware ready for quick dispatch. But from reading other posts it looks like hardware is sent straight from the supplier and not from PlusNet itself.

Well...patience is a virtue. Smiley
N/A

I had the PCI starter pack and it took one week from activation, once set up though, the service is mostly good.
N/A

I got my line activated on Thursday and received the router on the same day. I can connect to the router but the line isn't working...

I was on hold for an HOUR on Friday 23:48 - 00:48 only to be told to try all of the phone points and leave 20 minutes before trying each one - only then could they inform BT (who don't work on weekends apparently). I have tried calling them back a few times but keep giving up after 20 mins or so.

I am now communicating with the tech support via e-mail but they are just waiting for BT to get back to them - within 24 hours :-(
N/A

Well, I bought my own modem now, and they have agreed not to dispatch the one on order (or that I can return it if this is too late)

The first piece of customer service I have been happy with.

Must say though, my few hours on adsl have been a dream so far!!