Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monday 01h13 - no US sites?

beskar
Grafter

Monday 01h13 - no US sites?

Is this a repeat of previous problems?

i.e. www.tesco.com is fine (UK site)
www.ibm.com, www.walmart.com etc. get nowhere.

Have tried about 20x US and UK sites - UK fine.

PlusNet are not as reliable as they used to be, IMHO. Time to sack the guy/gal in charge. :O)

11 REPLIES
beskar
Grafter

RE: Monday 01h13 - no US sites?

I do wish that : O ) wouldn't turn into that thing with the red face...
Shocked
N/A

I was trying to do some work Sad

Google.com works, but not much else....

> Is this a repeat of previous problems?
>
> i.e. www.tesco.com is fine (UK site)
> www.ibm.com, www.walmart.com etc. get nowhere.
>
> Have tried about 20x US and UK sites - UK fine.
>
> PlusNet are not as reliable as they used to be, IMHO. Time to sack the guy/gal in charge. :O)
>
>
>

N/A

> Is this a repeat of previous problems?
>
> i.e. www.tesco.com is fine (UK site)
> www.ibm.com, www.walmart.com etc. get nowhere.
>
>snip<

same here... no US sites... might as well open the window and shout... getting really pissed off with these constant failures... might as well be back with BToW
N/A

It's back for me... (for how long) Cheesy
N/A

> It's back for me... (for how long) Cheesy

Its very on=-off. Service status for Connectivity should be amber (mail should red!). Had to say at the moment where the problem is!
N/A

Dear Customer(s)

We're aware of some connectivity issues with some external sites, we believe it to be limited to the US, but have not had time to do thorough tests.
There is a service status message up to this effect and we'll update you when we learn more.

Kind Regards,
--
| Daniel Buckley Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ -- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet - +
N/A

> We're aware of some connectivity issues with some external sites, we believe it to be limited to the US, but have not had time to do thorough tests.

Had on-off with .fr also this evening.
beskar
Grafter

Back for me also.

I wish some PlusNet employee would become 'Deep Throat' and leak the real story about what is going on...

The 24hr Support Service and the many helpful people you speak to there is what keeps me with Plus (Pipex was a nightmare, Demon less so). Whoever looks after the support side of things has some good ideas (webcam, statistics etc.)

But whoever is meant to be looking after the Quality of Service... well, they aren't doing their job. Either they aren't properly qualified and are just bullshitting (or sleeping with one of the execs), or else they've had their budget cut and aren't putting up much of a fight.

A pain - hopefully someone will realise that things need to be improved. The frequency of these 'glitches' seems to be increasing.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Back for me also.
>
> I wish some PlusNet employee would become 'Deep Throat' and leak the real story about what is going on...
>
> The 24hr Support Service and the many helpful people you speak to there is what keeps me with Plus (Pipex was a nightmare, Demon less so). Whoever looks after the support side of things has some good ideas (webcam, statistics etc.)
>
> But whoever is meant to be looking after the Quality of Service... well, they aren't doing their job. Either they aren't properly qualified and are just bullshitting (or sleeping with one of the execs), or else they've had their budget cut and aren't putting up much of a fight.
>
> A pain - hopefully someone will realise that things need to be improved. The frequency of these 'glitches' seems to be increasing.
>
>

Have you done any traces to say its PN's problem?

When its at PN's door bitch all you like, but when its down too Linx or other backbone providers being Dos'ed wait it out like the rest of us.

If you hadn't traced, then you wouldn't have noticed theres some funny routing going on just now.

Usuaully everything goes Via Linx in London to the US, but just now some sites have been routed Via Denmark and then to the US.

Get Visualroute and you can see for your self.

http://www.visualware.com/visualroute/index.html
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
beskar
Grafter

Fair point. Hmm - was going to say 'thanks for the product tip' then realised it was $70

When I discovered the errors I went to the Service Status page and it had no mention of a problem. If possible problems (of PlusNet origin or not) were listed asap - as opposed to within the hour - then a lot of aggro would be avoided. (And I wouldn't have to spend $70)

Otherwise it looks like users are aware of problems before the PlusNet tech team - odd, since I would think they must have some kind of monitoring software on the go.

beskar
Grafter

(from service status pages today) >>We have been made aware that there have been a number of drops in connection to external US sites such as microsoft and yahoo.<<

- now that IS odd - surely PlusNet and other companies have some software in place to e.g. (on a very simple level) continually test responses from a selection of worldwide sites, so as to be alerted if something goes wrong e.g. suddenly neither www.microsoft.com nor www.yahoo.com respond? Surely they don't just wait for Joe or Joanna User to let them know?

Any ideas?